The MoonPad LA Hostel

How is The MoonPad LA Hostel rated on other websites?
The MoonPad LA Hostel Reviews from the Web
4   Only one problem The MoonPad has a unique atmosphere. It is kind of like having a sleepover at a friends house. The place has its flaws but makes up for it by having fun, relaxed staff. I met a guy named Dipsy who was a lively, fun character and another guy named Matt who was the coolest guy ever and made feel right at home. It can be tough being a single woman traveling which brings me to why I didn't give the place 5 stars. It is because of an employee named Miguel who was acting very creepy towards me. He was very formal/scary when I met him and then once I got to know him he got very handsy and inappropriately forward despite my making it abundantly clear i wasn't enjoying his extremely inappropriate physical contact and romantic advances. Its really too bad this one rogue employee had to ruin an otherwise lovely stay.  ()
5   Enjoyed my stay I spent 3 nights at the Moon Pod LA on Boyle Avenue. At first when I arrived, the outside looked apprehensive, but it was a work in progress. Very roomy inside. 2 full baths downstairs. I think 2 bathrooms + another full bath upstairs. I slept in a 6 person mixed dorm which was ok. Bunk beds are fine as long as I could snag a bottom bunk. The metro (mariachi plaza -- gold line) was 1/2 a block away, across the street. Very, very convenient. Metro is easy as long as you study the map & timetables a little. As a solo traveler to hostels, I always bring my own toilet paper & paper towels. Big or small, Hostels always run out of these items. It can get a little noisy after hours so bring earplugs or listen to some tunes to drown out the noises. Moon Pod has a lot of potential. I hope they have pub crawls or explore LA night by way of the metro. I will likely return for another visit. Everybody was so very nice & accommodating!! 5 stars for location & public transportation.  , Amercsn ()