The MoonPad LA Hostel

How is The MoonPad LA Hostel rated on other websites?
The MoonPad LA Hostel Reviews from the Web
1   SCAM ARTIST OWNER SHADY, SHADY, SHADY!! This guy who runs Moonpad is a well known con-man and scam artist, Derrick Knight. It seems this guy was run out of Florida for scamming musicians and screwing over people promoting parties, and not paying the musicians!! He's a greedy con artist who has been travelling all over and bilking honest, hardworking people out of their money. From court documents it is clear that he has screwed over a ton of people all over the United States!!! He is clearly operating an illegal business with this hostel and using illegal practices, I will be filing a report with the City this week. If you ever stayed here I suggest you do the same. DO NOT STAY HERE, protect yourself, your money, and your bank account information. Never give this man any info about your bank. Tell everyone you know in town about this shady man and get his ass out of our town!!!  , age 25, Jerusalem ()
4   Only one problem The MoonPad has a unique atmosphere. It is kind of like having a sleepover at a friends house. The place has its flaws but makes up for it by having fun, relaxed staff. I met a guy named Dipsy who was a lively, fun character and another guy named Matt who was the coolest guy ever and made feel right at home. It can be tough being a single woman traveling which brings me to why I didn't give the place 5 stars. It is because of an employee named Miguel who was acting very creepy towards me. He was very formal/scary when I met him and then once I got to know him he got very handsy and inappropriately forward despite my making it abundantly clear i wasn't enjoying his extremely inappropriate physical contact and romantic advances. Its really too bad this one rogue employee had to ruin an otherwise lovely stay.  ()
5   Enjoyed my stay I spent 3 nights at the Moon Pod LA on Boyle Avenue. At first when I arrived, the outside looked apprehensive, but it was a work in progress. Very roomy inside. 2 full baths downstairs. I think 2 bathrooms + another full bath upstairs. I slept in a 6 person mixed dorm which was ok. Bunk beds are fine as long as I could snag a bottom bunk. The metro (mariachi plaza -- gold line) was 1/2 a block away, across the street. Very, very convenient. Metro is easy as long as you study the map & timetables a little. As a solo traveler to hostels, I always bring my own toilet paper & paper towels. Big or small, Hostels always run out of these items. It can get a little noisy after hours so bring earplugs or listen to some tunes to drown out the noises. Moon Pod has a lot of potential. I hope they have pub crawls or explore LA night by way of the metro. I will likely return for another visit. Everybody was so very nice & accommodating!! 5 stars for location & public transportation.  , Amercsn ()