Meeting Point Youth Hostel

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Meeting Point Youth Hostel" at Warmoesstraat 14.)

Warmoesstraat 14, Centrum, Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands
www.hostel-meetingpoint.nl
+31 (0)20 627 7499
+31-20-3304774

How is Meeting Point Youth Hostel rated on other websites?

Gomio

Good
Clean but basic. Plugs are only downstairs in the bar. The bar is 24 hours and is a fun place to hangout after a log night. Location is excellent and 16 bed dorms are large enough not to notice all 16 beds. Same with the bathroom facilities. Staff was pretty helpful and entertaining.
brendan
Age 28, united states
2015-09-09

Good for one purpose
This hostel is great if you want to stay out late and party. If you want to do nothing but sightseeing look somewhere else. It's located in the middle of the tourist district and it reeks of cigarettes and weed. The staff is also hit or miss. Some are helpful and nice some not so much.
Andrew
Age 21, Canada
2014-09-11

Great place to stay excellent value!
Had a fantastic time, great location, great atmosphere.
Sam
Age 28, England
2014-06-22

Outer limit pleasure
stayed for two nights, for the price i paid it was a bargain, food was nice, staff were nice. was a bit outer town but a tram 2 sorted that out, the place were hotel was situated was nice and peaceful, compared to 20 mins away in the heart of amsterdam where the craic is always good.
george
(ireland)
2012-12-20

Much improved!
Based on the reviews, I was expecting a decently clean, decently comfortable hostel. Well, it turns out that they have renovated! Instead of the barrels there are now real lockers with keys you can rent out for $2 for the entire stay (with a $10 deposit). The bathrooms are pristine. It was literally the CLEANEST restroom I have EVER seen in a hostel! Very nice! The bar is open most of the time and is great for relaxing with friends when it's rainy outside. There's a smoking room if you want, and a pool table. The staff is all very friendly, and the location is super convenient to everything. We also had a nice view from our room of a canal. Overall, one of the most pleasant hostel stays I've had in Europe -- and it's pretty cheap, too!
Teresa
2012-03-05

Great place to stay
Staff are extremely friendly and helpful, 24hour bar is perfect for meeting people, winding down after a night out, and chilling out. also serves hot snacks. location is spot on for the most interesting parts of town. security is grand, there are crazy red lockable barrels! toilets and showers are clean. If I was to revisit the Dam, I would stay at meeting point again.
Ciara
(Irish)
2010-04-07

Some of the greatest experiences I've had in my life!
i stayed here in November of 2006. For the type of vacation I was looking for, this was the greatest. I probably only slept for about ten hours while I was there for four days, but the twenty-four-hour bar/cafe was perfect for us. My traveling buddy and I would stay up til all night meeting people from all over the world, smoke plenty of hash (among doing other things -- there is a smart shop directly next door!), and drink the freshest heineken I've ever had. I would suggest this place to anyone looking for the whole "amsterdam" experience!
Mark
(canada)
2009-01-09

Cool
Good value and good place to stay. Secure lockers and entry and great twenty-four-hour bar, which is cheap too. if you ever go here take my word for it that the ham and cheese toasties in the bar are great late at night. I had a fun time, was able to sleep when I wanted. and just as importantly all the staff were nice and friendly, they actually looked like they enjoyed their job, which makes a difference. in short I highly recommend this place everyone.
Darth Cyrus