Arava Hostel

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Arava Hostel" at Almogim 106/1.)

Almogim 106/1, Eilat, South District, Israel
+972-86374687
+972-86370507

How is Arava Hostel rated on other websites?

Gomio
n/a

Mostly very good but some average facilities
The staff here were friendly and helpful. The hostel itself is in a convenient location in central Eilat close to the bus station. There's a garden in the front which is nice for relaxing or having a meal. The dorm I was in was a bit small for 6 people and had very little natural light. The kitchen was also quite small. It was clean though as were the bathrooms. Taking everything into consideration, it's a good hostel and I'd recommend it.
Michael
(UK)
2014-11-26

Nice Overall
The main issue I had was that I booked a bed in a 4-person all female room, but when I got there they told me there was a mistake and I would be in a 6-person mixed room. It turned out fine; the room was sparse but I couldn't expect too much more for the price. Everything seemed clean, including the bathroom. The kitchen was small and didn't have much, but I didn't use it. There was only one outlet in the room and it was next to someone else's bed, so I had to sit in the reception area to charge my phone, as well as use the Wifi as there was no wifi in the room. The location is excellent, just a few minutes from the central bus station and close to the airport as well. It was only a 15-20 minute walk to the beach, so that was a plus. I would recommend staying here as long as you don't plan on spending too much time in your room/at the hostel.
Olivia
Age 20, United States
2014-04-21

FANTASTIC HOSTEL
One of the cleanest hostels I have stayed at. It is in a great location with a relaxed common area. I found the lady who worked during the day and made the breakfast very helpful. THANKS.
antony
Age 47, UK
2013-10-12

Nice stuff, clean + modern facilities, nice people, bedbugs
The stuff was nice, the guests were ice as well, nice atmosphere in the hostel. Kitchen and bathroom were clean and modern, everything worked like it should. Free wifi is great also, very comfortable is the free use of the safe at the reception. The only bad thing were that the rooms are very small, the mattresses a bit uncomfortable and the worst -- they have bedbugs. But they are going to renovate the downstairs part in a few weeks, so the rooms should be bigger then and hopefully without bedbugs.
Lisa
Age 27, German
2013-03-29

Very nice place
friendly, clean, good price. Friendly staff always available. Very good breakfast. Close to supermarkets, cca 10 minutes from the beach. We spent five days in this hostel and we can recommend it.
Pedro
(The Czech republic)
2012-04-15

Basically decent but some improvements could be made
This is a decent hostel situated very close to Eilat centre with friendly staff. The rooms are clean but cramped and shabby; and definitely in need of refurbishment. The bathrooms are clean and feel like they have been recently renovated. There's a small but poorly equipped kitchen for guests. The common area has free wi-fi. An annoying feature is that you have to pay for luggage storage with coin operated lockers ... A bit mean spirited!
Martin
(UK)
2011-09-11

Organized, friendly, clean, good price
24 hours reception and friendly staff always available. very clean hostel. excellent space out here and shady garden. close to supermarkets. a bit far from the beach. I spent five days in this fabulous hotel and recommend.
carla
(portugal)
2011-05-23

Nice and friendly place to stay in Eilat
We stayed in Arava Hostel in March, 2011. I would definitely recommend this place as it is cheap and nice, and the girl on the reception (I think her name is Shov if I got it right) is extremely pleasant and friendly. Clean double bed room, 24h hot water supply, chilled surrounding area, and nice view of Eilat airport and Jordan border are the things we enjoyed while staying in Arava hostel.
Andrew