Arava Hostel

How is Arava Hostel rated on other websites?
4   Nice Overall The main issue I had was that I booked a bed in a 4-person all female room, but when I got there they told me there was a mistake and I would be in a 6-person mixed room. It turned out fine; the room was sparse but I couldn't expect too much more for the price. Everything seemed clean, including the bathroom. The kitchen was small and didn't have much, but I didn't use it. There was only one outlet in the room and it was next to someone else's bed, so I had to sit in the reception area to charge my phone, as well as use the Wifi as there was no wifi in the room. The location is excellent, just a few minutes from the central bus station and close to the airport as well. It was only a 15-20 minute walk to the beach, so that was a plus. I would recommend staying here as long as you don't plan on spending too much time in your room/at the hostel.  , age 20, United States ()
5   FANTASTIC HOSTEL One of the cleanest hostels I have stayed at. It is in a great location with a relaxed common area. I found the lady who worked during the day and made the breakfast very helpful. THANKS.  , age 47, UK ()
4   Nice stuff, clean + modern facilities, nice people, bedbugs The stuff was nice, the guests were ice as well, nice atmosphere in the hostel. Kitchen and bathroom were clean and modern, everything worked like it should. Free wifi is great also, very comfortable is the free use of the safe at the reception. The only bad thing were that the rooms are very small, the mattresses a bit uncomfortable and the worst -- they have bedbugs. But they are going to renovate the downstairs part in a few weeks, so the rooms should be bigger then and hopefully without bedbugs.  , age 27, German ()
5   Very nice place friendly, clean, good price. Friendly staff always available. Very good breakfast. Close to supermarkets, cca 10 minutes from the beach. We spent five days in this hostel and we can recommend it.  , The Czech republic ()
3   Basically decent but some improvements could be made This is a decent hostel situated very close to Eilat centre with friendly staff. The rooms are clean but cramped and shabby; and definitely in need of refurbishment. The bathrooms are clean and feel like they have been recently renovated. There's a small but poorly equipped kitchen for guests. The common area has free wi-fi. An annoying feature is that you have to pay for luggage storage with coin operated lockers ... A bit mean spirited!  , UK ()
4   Organized, friendly, clean, good price 24 hours reception and friendly staff always available. very clean hostel. excellent space out here and shady garden. close to supermarkets. a bit far from the beach. I spent five days in this fabulous hotel and recommend.  , portugal ()
5   Nice and friendly place to stay in Eilat We stayed in Arava Hostel in March, 2011. I would definitely recommend this place as it is cheap and nice, and the girl on the reception (I think her name is Shov if I got it right) is extremely pleasant and friendly. Clean double bed room, 24h hot water supply, chilled surrounding area, and nice view of Eilat airport and Jordan border are the things we enjoyed while staying in Arava hostel.  , Ukraine ()
1   Beware of bedbugs I stayed in this place ten months ago. While there, I got a rash, for which I couldn't figure a cause. After getting back home I did extensive search on the internet to try to figure what caused the rash. The only pictures, which looked exactly like my rash were those of bedbug bites. I immediately wrote an email to this hostel, alerting them that they might have bedbugs and they should check for their presence and take measures to eliminate them if found. I was told that the issue will be looked into. Now I visited this place again. When I got a key to a room, the first thing I did was to look for signs of bedbugs. Unfortunately after a quick search I found what looked like a dead adult bedbug, a discarded skin of a nymph and dark stains of what could be blood. While being no expert on bedbugs, these looked to me exactly like the pictures of bedbugs from the internet, and were certainly no cockroaches or any other insect I ever remember seeing. That was enough for me to leave immediately. While dead bugs are no proof that there is still an active infestation, the fact that the guy from the reception (who said he is one of the people in charge, and is the same guy from 10 months ago) didn't even know what bedbugs are was not a sign that the issue was taken seriously.  , Israel ()
Arava Hostel Reviews from the Web