Hostel Seven 7 Casa Del Gingi

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Hostel Seven 7 Casa Del Gingi" at Santa Teresa St, 100 m from Zula restaurant.)

Santa Teresa St, 100 m from Zula restaurant, Santa Teresa (Playa Santa Teresa), Puntarenas Province, Costa Rica
9.623091, -85.145416
(+506) 26400268 88769637

How is Hostel Seven 7 Casa Del Gingi rated on other websites?

If you like red ants ...
Our double private room was not ready when we arrived, even though we booked in online the day before. First thing we notice on our two beds -- lots of red ants running everywhere. So we kill them, the young man working at the reception doesn't seem to care. Then I use the bathroom, flush it and realize there was a poop in the toilet bowl. The toilet bowl get stuck and we feel very ashamed to ask the young guy to clean it for us (even though it is absolutely disgusting and not our fault). Santa Teresa can get very very warm, so we thought the price of the room would include the AC. Of course not -- you have to pay 10$ US extra each night to get it. Not very cheap ... oh, and there is no free coffee in the morning, as in every single hostels/guesthouses in Costa-Rica. And the bicycles we used to go to Malpais are made for midgets and haven't been tuned up for years. Honestly, this is not a place you want to stay in Santa Teresa, which is one of the most beautiful place we visited in Costa Rica. We had some friends who stayed next to the beach, and it was way more cosy and clean. One positive point, though -- the young person working at Casa del Gingi is handsome and charming.
Age 25, Canada
Best travel decision ive ever made
Hostel 7 is by FAR the best place to stay on the entire peninsula. It's perfect for leisure, comfort, accessibility, safety, TONS OF FUN, respectful laid back atmosphere. Booked for 2 days, now here at least a month! Only hostel with gates huge yard with pool table, ping pong, hammocks, laundry, and grocery next door; beach and river next door, bars and restaurants less than 10 minute safe walk. Feels more like my home than my home ever did! And im a super spoiled and picky sleeper and I have ZERO complaints about sleeping! The best place!!!
Age 23, usa
Great stay
Me and my friend stayed in a private twin room for unfortunately only 2 nights. The room was big, clean, enough space to put away some luggage and had air conditioning which was a big plus! The hostel is located very close to the beach, there's a supermarket just around the corner and multiple restaurants in either direction. Gingi is a top bloke, thank you for the rum and taking us out to Montezuma.
Anna and Akia
Age 25, Dutch
Really really nice, top notch hostel
We were planning to stay in Santa Teresa for one week, but ended up staying there for 3,5 weeks. All this time we stayed at Gingi's place, we looked at a few other things, but this was really the best price/quality deal around. It's central, just a 2 minute walk to the main surfbreak. And also at walking distance from the main restaurants. I was there with my girlfriend, we had a private room, and we like to go sleeping early to get up early in the morning to go surfing. This was no problem at Gingi's place. In the evening everybody just sits around in the huge garden, full of hammocks, and by 11pm the music goes out and there's no more noise at all. If you're a bit lucky with your room, you'll have no noise at all in the evening. The staff is really friendly and helpful, they know how to create a chill atmosphere. For a hostel it's also really clean, every day the cleaning lady comes and really cleans the place from top to down. The only negative thing I can mention is that the cooking gear maybe needs some replacements. There's plenty of stuff around, but the pan's and pot's maybe need to be changed in the future. But in my opinion, one of the best, maybe even the best hostel I stayed in in all of Central America. Thx guys, you're doing a great job. I would go back there.
Dries Stevens