Düsseldorf City Hostel

How is Düsseldorf City Hostel rated on other websites?
Düsseldorf City Hostel Reviews from the Web
1   Yikes! This hostel is crazy. I made an online reservation and they canceled my reservation due to construction and remodeling delays. They wanted me to stay in another hostel in Cologne, and I declined and asked for my money back. They refused to refund me all of my money! It wasn't my fault that I couldn't stay there, so I expect a total refund for my inconvenience. But they don't see it that way. Think twice before making a reservation, call ahead instead!  , USA ()
1  Wow, where do I start with this hostel? My friend and I spent three hellish, silly nights last October (2005) in our weird elf-ish double. For some reason, despite the hostel being completely empty, we were put on the third floor as far from the stairs as possible. It was surprisingly a bit of a trek from the lobby (on the plus side, it was by the fire escape for easy smoke breaks -- a sign on the door warns deutschmark fines for smoking). Bathroom was about ten rooms down and never really had hot water but fairly clean. Like a lot of older hostels, WC is separate from showers. Breakfast was ok and there are well-stocked vending machines in the lobby. The little convenience store about a block down is a lot cheaper and friendlier. Honestly the night staff was terrible (a woman who seemed perturbed we existed), but the day staffer (a kinda nervous guy) was pretty cool to us. You absolutely will get locked out by 11 p.m. The worst by far was the earth-shaking construction that woke us up every morning at 6 a.m. Excrutiating pain in the @#$. Our double bunk room was also ridiculously tiny, but clean. I'd recommend calling first to ensure the construction started last year has been completed. We never thought to ask! Honestly, my friend and I still laugh about our terrible, strange time in this place.  ()
5  Hi, My friend and I visited this hostel in January 2001. We had a great time. Both the room, the surroundings and the service was the best we could wish for, being two poor students. The were no complaints about drinking, bringing girls to the room, or anything else. The only complaint from our side was the fact that we were woken up every morning by the French National Hymne. But else, Great Hostel!  ()