The Monastery Hostel Milan

How is The Monastery Hostel Milan rated on other websites?
The Monastery Hostel Milan Reviews from the Web
4   Good for a quick stay Only there one night but was large, clean, easy to find, staff were great and the wifi worked really well. Also had a free croissant in the morning with a cappuccino. There is a bathroom for each dorm which is clean and has a good shower.  , age 23, Canada ()
5   Upgraded and Efficient This place was amazing. It was really easy to find from Centrale by walking and by Metro, and it was really conveniently located in the Center City -- only 20 min walk from the Duomo and the Metro made everything extremely accessible in general. Upon arriving, we were checked in and upgraded to a private 2 bedroom with our own bathroom as well -- HEAVEN for us! Apparently, they were overbooked but literally just made some phone calls without us knowing anything and arranged it perfectly. The room was equipped with AC and a mini fridge. Although it was a bit weird having to make our own beds with the sheets they gave us, at least we knew everything was freshly laundered and clean. They offered room cleaning every day and even had someone come by every day to spray insecticide in the rooms along the edge of the room to ensure nothing got in. May sound gross that they do that, but it's a problem in Italy so it made them really clean. The bathroom was nice for a hostel and we had a great stay. 24 hour front desk and nice modern atmosphere. We'd definitely stay here again, even without a room upgrade.  , age 21, USA ()
5   Very good Very good location near metro train. large room and comfortable bed. good shower. I really enjoy it.  , age 25, CHina ()
1   Poor facilities, staff terrible I've stayed at over 100 hostels and this would rank amongst the worst. From the moment I walked in the door the staff were dismissive, unhelpful and I felt like a burden being there. I stayed 2 nites and asked for a bottom bunk which they refused to do even tho I was the first to check into a room of 6. There was a vacant bottom bed both nites and they would nt shift me. A warning -- the top bunks in this hostel in my room at least are dangerous. There are no sides to the bunks on either side which means you can roll out with nothing to stop you. They are placed in the middle of the room. The free breakfast is a croissant and coffee. They require a 10 euro deposit to use the cutlery in the kitchen and don't supply towels. They advertise a "home pack" for 5 euros which in my case included 2 towels. My bathroom was disguising and had severe black mould on the walls. The only good thing about this hostel is the location to the railway station and the duomo eqi distant. My stay was unpleasant and tainted the milano experience.  , age 50, New Zealand ()
4   Good rooms, excellent location, and very kind staff The hostel is close to the Milano Centrale Station and to the metro, located in a very peaceful neighborhood. The rooms are simple, but good and clean. The staff was always pleased to help and to give information. Really nice hostel!  , Brazil ()
3   It was ok for the money and close to shopping and duomo My stay was good. The afternoon clerk was awesome, whereas, the evening clerk wasn't very helpful. The room was neat and clean. Didn't know I had to make my own bed but I do it am home so no biggie. It was hard to find the hostel even for the cab driver. Could use a larger sign to help. All in all it was a pleasant stay.  , American ()
5   Perfect good size room, shower was great and has a fully equipped kitchen which is good and not far from the station and easily walking distance to everywhere. the supermarket was close to hostel too. everything about the hostel is great and breakfast, no complains!  , Australia ()
5   Comfortable conditions for the nice price It was my first hostel before I stopped only in the hotels. Preparing for the worst, but was very happy. I recommend!  , Ukraina ()