El Jardin de Frida

How is El Jardin de Frida rated on other websites?
5   Calm, comfortable hostel. I liked this hostel because I meet so many nice people here. The workers here are all nice and have helped me with every thing I asked of them. They have a lot of patience and are very kind. The other travelers are all intelligent nice people and I was glad to meet them.  , age 65, USA ()
5   Clean, friendly, and fabulous tacos!!! I cannot say enough about El Jardin de Frida! I stayed 2 nights last week (october 2011) and had a great time. The proprietor is friendly, speaks perfect english if you need, and takes incredibly good care of his guests. The dorms are standard issue as far as hostels go, but they were clean, neat and spacious. The 2 best things about this place are how quirky the garden is (very eclectic and offbeat) and how amazing the breakfast tacos are!! Breakfast was incredible with fresh fruit (dragon fruit, papaya, bananas, tuna (cactus fruit), and pineapple) as well as homemade salsa and hot sauces to add to the fabulous breakfast tacos. Hot coffee every morning and a short walk to the center of Tulum/train station/scuba shops. The wifi is great and the garden is magnificent. After staying in dozens of hostels all over europe I was pleasantly surprised to find Jardin de Frida to be better than average anywhere. Just go!  , USA ()