Hostel Alice

How is Hostel Alice rated on other websites?
Hostel Alice Reviews from the Web
5   Attention to Detail by a Hands on Owner I am writing this after my 3rd stay at Hostel Alice in the last year. I love this little hostel that is more like a guest house in the Bohemian enclave of Vila Madalena in Sao Paulo for several reasons. Of course it has all the things you would expect from a top hostel. Super clean, organized, friendly and knowledgeable staff that are multilingual, high speed secure internet, great location a block from the metro subway stop, new comfortable mattresses, hot showers, some rooms with air-con if you need it, a beautiful backyard to lounge in and always an interesting mix of world travelers who are globetrotting as well as Brazilians using the hostel for a business trip to Sao Paulo. But I think the most important part of why this hostel is so successful is that its owner, Alice, is here at the hostel often and her attention to the detail's of running a top hostel is apparent. Of the 200+ hostels I have stayed in over the past 36 months in 96 countries so far, I put this hostel in the top 20 or top 10% of all hostels worldwide. Nice work Alice & Team!  , USA ()
5   A really VERY nice hostel, indeed. I had high hopes of Hostel Alice and I was certainly not disappointed. Receptionists Marianna and Adrianne (spelling correct?) are friendly and very efficient. They advised me where to eat out in the neighbourhood, where to best buy football shirts for my nephews back home and which brands of Brazilian coffee to take home as souvenirs, for example. The owner, whose name I unfortunately cannot recall, also made an effort to make my stay as pleasant as possible. Two German boys with whom I stayed in a hostel in Trindade, and whom I 'sent' to stay at Hostel Alice when in São Paulo, were also quite impressed, not in the least by the cleanliness. Unfortunately, they did not realise that they could just help themselves to the fresh fruit in the kitchen anytime during the day. The only possible drawback of this hostel could have been its location in the suburb of Vila Madalena, but the truth is that the metro station is only a three-minute walk from the hostel and the station of Vila Madalena only 3 stops from Paulista station. This is nothing when one considers that one can, unfortunately (or fortunately, in this case), not really stay in downtown São Paulo. Staying at Hostel Alice made my visit to São Paulo very pleasant, indeed.  , Netherlands ()