The Old Convent

Special Note from Hostelz.com: The Old Convent is no longer listed in any of the hostel booking systems. There is a good chance they may have closed down. If you have any information about it, please let us know with the Listing Update Form.
How is The Old Convent rated on other websites?
4   Character & Budget! Inexpensive, clean & comfortable, & a good shower. Loads of character -- you can almost hear the ghosts! We stayed here yesterday and pretty well had the place to ourselves. No luxuries and definitely no breakfast but there is a lounge with an old TV and a kitchen you can use. Recommended.  , age 60, Australia ()
4   Cheap and cheerful Our stay was good, the rooms are basic but clean and comfy. There was space to cook a meal in the guest kitchen. It's a beautiful old building -- a no frills stay, excellent value, beats setting up camp!  , age 50, Australia ()
2   The Shadow over Northampton, or dare the scare! Talk about a spooky place! If you want to give yourself the creeps, by all means check into The Old Convent. This place has the aura of a tomb and the accumulated dust and grime of centuries. Could almost hear its ghosts sobbing! Wouldn't recommend this place. Go for it if you like to dwell in the unknown dark!  ()
4  I stayed here in 2000, and I was the only person in the whole place! It was a bit scary, but the Irish priest who ran the hostel made me feel very welcome. I only stopped off here, as I'm from Northampton, England, and I had to have a look around. This place is a lovely, quiet stopover if you are travelling a long distance.  ()