Smile Society

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Smile Society" at 130/3-4 Silom Soi 6, Silom Road Suriyawongse.)

130/3-4 Silom Soi 6, Silom Road Suriyawongse, Bangkok, Bangkok Province, Thailand
www.smilesocietyhostel.com/
+6681 442 5800
+662 634 2331

How is Smile Society rated on other websites?

(1903 ratings)

Owner very helpful
I got in at or around midnight. There was nobody at reception. I had sent an e-mail confirming with the receptionist that I would be arriving late and she said she would stay up to let me in. After 30 minutes or so of waiting/confusion, The lady at receptionist apologized and gave me my key. The lady is very helpful. She asked me where I was going and gave me great directions as well as best places to go.
Jay
Age 28, Canada
2014-05-27

Highly Recommend though not perfect
Very good location next to the skytrain so easy access to the ferry boats up to the main temple areas. The dorms are clean and nicely sized. There's lockers for your bags if you have your own lock. Contrary to the review below, WiFi worked fine throughout the hostel whilst I was there. That said the hot water was out when I first arrived. The common room usually has some people in it which is good for meeting others. The staff were very helpful and could offer good tips on what to see in Bangkok and how to make onwards progress in your trip.
Luke
Age 23, uk
2014-03-26

Highly recommended
Pros -- Great location. It's right in the heart of downtown, close to restaurants and night bazaar. 10mins walking distance from sky train and subway station. If you want to have traditional sweets, there are small vendors on Silom selling them in the morning.(They are extremely cheap and delicious!) It's a clean facility and my room was as well. Staffs are really helpful and speak good English. They'll give you suggestions that suit your schedule and tell you things that you should avoid. It comes with free breakfast!No not a crappy one. A decent one -- toast, coffee, juice, yogurt, croissant. Did I say it's free? Cons -- WIFI doesn't work in rooms. They didn't hide it either. They told me when I checked in. So you need to be in common area if you want to surf internet. This isn't really a con but I stayed in a private room and it was kind of small. It's only big enough to fit in one single bed. What is left is small space width of a door right next to the bed and a tiny bathroom. There's no space left for TV so they've installed a shelf on a wall at the other end of bed and placed a TV on it. It's LCD and comes with cable Channels. I paid only 28 bucks so I can't complain.
Michael
2013-07-07

Such a gret hostel! the staff was SUPER friendly and helpful.
I had a wonderful stay at this hostel. I was in bangkok 3 separate times, and stayed here each time because it was so great.
Bryce