Rock & Wood International Hostel

How is Rock & Wood International Hostel rated on other websites?
4   Stay @ basic double bed en suite The stay was pretty pleasant, environment is amazing with ample space to chill and bond. Love the bar however service could have been better. In regards to the stay, the cleanliness was alright overall, however there is not hair dryer available in the room. I would say in summary, this is a pretty cool place.  , age 24, Malaysia ()
3   Common area, location, staff and food was great, room was ok. We stayed at the Rock and Wood for two days in December. The location is really great, in between two subway stations that will get you downtown quickly and cheaply. The common areas and food are wonderful and the rooms are fine but the hallways are all tiled so are echoey when people are walking around and talking late at night. If you've had a long day sightseeing this probably won't be a problem since you'll be so tired, but if you're a light sleeper it might be something to consider. Our room (201) had quite a persistent and bad drain smell which wasn't ideal, I think the plumbing must have been pretty close to one of our walls. We were only there for 2 nights though so we just dealt with it. Overall this is a great little hostel and I would recommend it.  , age 32, New Zealand ()
1   Nice place but the management s&*^! and the internet s*&@! This is a nice place. It has a nice environment. But my experience with the management was not. And the internet su*@! I was a walk in and on the first day I asked to see a room in which Vivian said "no". So I left as I thought it wasn't a unreasonable request. But soon came back as I was too tired to go anywhere else. I complained about the food being to salty once and their antidote was to put some water in it. Which did nothing except make me angry. They seemed kind of indifferent to it and could care less. This made me angrier, being hungry and tired I blurted out some profanity at the man. A week or so later Vivian, the uptight control freak, asked if I would be staying the weekend as it's busy. I had been paying daily for weeks to stay there. The next day I went to pay and they said sorry they were full. And I said when will you have an open bed again? They said they didn't know. Then their story changed and said they have a 10 day stay limit. Then I said well the other guy in my room has stayed there longer than I. And she said well "he's our friend". So I guess I wasn't considered their friend. I stayed there for like 3 weeks an the internet was down like half of the time. They say it's the government, but don't believe them. Go to Starbucks and you'll see the internet working fine there. The problem is they're too cheap to get a better internet connection. I have stayed at three different hostels in Shanghai this time and their internet was the worse.  , usa ()
Rock & Wood International Hostel Reviews from the Web