Generator Hostel Copenhagen

Generator Hostel Copenhagen is very nice, it's fairly new so you are getting nice stuff. But you're paying for that nice stuff. The staff are pretty rude and not very helpful. They have lockers but you have to pay, they have breakfast but you have to pay -- the internet is the only thing free. But it is a nice stay and very comfortable accommodation. The fellow travelers staying there are all friendly. It's not in a sketchy part of town. There are a few places to eat and pick up "to-go" food, which we recommend due to the price at the hostel.

The hostel is pretty close to the center of the city, about a twenty-minute walk. They do offer a free walking tour in which they pick you up at the hostel -- we would definitely do it! The directions the hostel gives at booking are good, but they forget to tell you which way to go when you walk out of the train station -- so when you walk out of the Nørreport Station go right, then take an immediate left (about fifteen feet in front of you). It's about a ten-minute walk down that street. You'll pass the castle on your left and then it's the second street to the left. It's two minutes down on the left, you'll see the huge sign. Hint -- if you arrive by train to the Kobenhaven (Copenhagen) Station, stay on the train because it will keep going and Nørreport is the next stop. The neighborhood that the hostel is in seems safe. We walked alone to the store at 10 p.m. and didn't feel unsafe. There is a food mart about five minutes away and a grocery store about ten minutes away.

The hostel has great rooms! The beds are probably the most comfortable we've slept in so far. The hostel is new, so you can tell everything is still fresh (like the mattresses). The shower is nice, in the bedroom, and they give you towels for free. There is also a separate toilet room and sink in the room. It gets quite hot at night but if you leave the window open it's fine. There are "lockers" under the beds, but you can't lock them.

There is no kitchen and no place for you to store food. The hostel gives some lie about it being against the law, but the other hostels in town have the facilities. Breakfast is not included with your stay. Everything to eat and drink from the hostel is very expensive. There is a common area where a few people hang out on the first floor. It's also where you can get on the internet, which is free. But the internet does not work on any other floors. We didn't find too many people mingling.

Summary

Generator Hostel Copenhagen is quite expensive per night, but Denmark is expensive in itself so we think it just goes with the territory. Just expect to pay for all extras!

August 2011

How is Generator Hostel Copenhagen rated on other websites?
Gomio
3   Great atmosphere, but a few issues Likes -- Friendly staff, good location, great social areas, good WiFi. Dislikes -- it's inconvenient having no kitchen, one of the elevators wasn't working, one of the showers in my room only had hot water, and they changed my room on the last night of my stay without telling me, which was dishonest and inconvenient. I probably wouldn't stay there again due to the room switch, but I think that essentially everyone who comes here has an excellent experience. The rooms themselves are quiet at night, as they are separated from all of the social areas.  , age 27, Canada ()
3   Good Quality, Good fun, stupid rules about food, brealfast expensive Theres no kitchen, fair enough, but they spin that stupid Danish food law shite when you bring in your own take out! Never had a place thats told me that before. Besides that, quality of the rooms and facilities is second to none and the bar area is fun to hang out. Its like living at a pub without the old drunks.  , Australia ()
4   Great quality hostel and good location We enjoyed our stay here, it is a big hostel so lacks common room for meeting people but there is a bar downstairs. Good rooms, apparently no wifi in rooms but ours had wifi whole stay. We liked the location too can walk to lots of main attractions.  , Australia ()
5   Everything you need! I stayed at Generator Hostel for four nights and it was a very easy and satisfying experience! The rooms were clean and well kept and had all the facilities I could ask for. My one suggestion would be to bring your own padlock for your locker and your own towel. Especially in Copenhagen, it's nice to save those few bucks if you can.  , United States of America ()
4   Execellent stay We stayed in a 2 twin ensuite. I would recommend staying at this hostel, the rooms were clean, the staff was helpful and it is in a very good location. Breakfast is very simple, be sure to buy your vouchers at the front desk to save a few kronor.  , USA ()
4   A fine place to stay It is about 15 minutes from the station, walking by the Royal Gardens. It is quite a large hostel but I did not feel overwhelmed by it. Also, I stayed in a 4-bed room. The staff was polite and helpful. Everything was neat and clean. There is a nice sitting area on one of the floors. The only problem I had was an allergy to something in the room -- not sure what. I would stay there again.  , USA ()
Generator Hostel Copenhagen Reviews from the Web