Surfers Paradise Backpackers Resort

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Surfers Paradise Backpackers Resort" at 2837 Gold Coast Highway.)

2837 Gold Coast Highway, Surfers Paradise, Queensland, Australia
-28.016304, 153.429300 (accuracy not guaranteed)
www.surfersparadisebackpackers.com.au
+61 (7) 5592-4677, 1-800-282-800
+61 (7) 5531-5835

How is Surfers Paradise Backpackers Resort rated on other websites?

Better than expected
Friendly staff that organized fun events. Rooms were big and pretty clean.
Kevin
Age 22, USA
2014-11-26

Best hostel in Australia!
Have been backpacking for over two years now and this is one of the best hostels I've come across. All the staff here are amazing and there's a real good atmosphere around. Facilities are great also, every hostel should be like this in Australia -- will be sad to leave!
Grant
(Scottish)
2013-03-08

Lovely, friendly hostel
The staff are brilliant, the place is in really good condition, everything was really tidy and clean! I don't know that I will ever love bunk beds but I slept really well, the free wifi is always a bonus, as is the free shuttle to and from the centre. I would recommend it to anyone, good value for money.
Lucy
(UK)
2012-07-23

Best Hostel So Far
Surfside Paradise Backpackers is an awesome hostel, I had the time of my life while staying there. Just got back from a short 3 night stay there (March 2011) and I can't say enough good things about it. Rooms and bathrooms are clean, as well as the surrounding grounds. The most attractive thing about this hostel is it is a lot of fun. The staff put a lot of energy in the guests taking part in group activities. They organize volleyball games, pool tournaments, nights out, drinking gamest. I met a lot of great people and cannot say enough about how much fun I had. I appreciate the hard work that Alice, Charlie, Neil, Jimmy, Heidi, and the rest of the staff did for the other guests and myself. If you visit the gold coast, definitely stay at this hostel.
Greg
(American)
2011-03-06

Lovely, self-contained apartment.
We stayed here for three nights in total in August 2008. We originally wanted to book a double room, but were informed that you can only book doubles the night before you want to stay. This was not ideal, so we booked ourselves into the three-share room of the self-contained apartments, then moved to the double on the second night. Staff were ok, however a bit pushy on the $30 pub crawl. Good facilities, we had our own apartment, with balcony and nice view. Also, a Playstation 3, bar, ping pong, sauna, and gym. The only downside to our stay was the construction happening in our building. Constant drilling from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Made it a bit unbearable during the day (but the work looks like it will make great new apartments!) Just a shame about the noise. Bit of a walk into town, about fifteen minutes. Nice beach walk though, or through the streets. They do a free bus, but it's nicer to walk in our opinion!
Jon & Amy
(England)
2008-08-23

Good times
stayed here on the way back down the coast and thought it was a really nice hostel, the dorm rooms were spacious with en suite. they have tennis courts, volleyball, small pool, small bar, not too noisy at all. really enjoyed it there, met lots of nice chatty people, and staff were excellent.
karen
(ENGLISH)
2008-03-13

Reasonable hostel
Fairly good hostel. Room and kitchen facilities are a bit average but acceptable and fairly clean. When the sun goes down it's a bit more of a party hostel and I was looking more for a good night's sleep but music wasn't too loud. It does, however, have a pool, weights machine, tennis, and table tennis court.
Zane
(New Zealand)
2008-01-04
  Hey, this was the best hostel ever. i also worked there on reception. best staff ever. a must stay.
Sian Clark