Gold Coast Backpackers

Licensed Bar
BBQ area Twin room with ensuite
4 bed dorm with ensuiteStreet VeiwCommon Area
Free Pool Table useSmoking Area

Staying at Gold Coast International Backpackers is a very pleasurable experience. The rooms are extremely clean, with convenient ensuite bathrooms. The hostel common area is spacious and welcoming, and the location is ideal.

Gold Coast International Backpackers is located right in the centre of town. It is less than a five-minute walk to the beach, as well as many restaurants, bars, shops, and supermarkets. There is no train station in Surfer’s Paradise, but it is only a ten-minute walk to local and regional buses, depending on where you are heading.

The rooms are kept in really good condition, with only a few beds in each room. The rooms also have an ensuite toilet and shower, and some of the rooms even have small balconies. The lighting in the room is very good, but there is not much space for luggage storage. In the common area, there are also toilet blocks with several stalls. These facilities are also kept to a high standard of cleanliness.

The common space of the hostel is rather large. There are several couches spread out over a large area, with coffee tables, and some computers which are available for use. There is also free Wi-Fi available in the hostel, but you will need to pay a small charge to use the public desktop computers in the hostel. The kitchen is a long, narrow, industrial-style kitchen. There is free tea and coffee available as well. Due to the layout of the kitchen, it could get rather crowded if several people try to use it at one time, but this was not an issue for us. There is also a common area outside, where patrons can sit and chat in nice weather.

Summary

This hostel is very good value for money. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the location is extremely good. The common room is spacious and comfortable. The only thing that could pose an issue for travelers would be the size and shape of the common kitchen.

April 2012

How is Gold Coast Backpackers rated on other websites?
Gold Coast Backpackers Reviews from the Web
3   Could be better In general the place is not bad however the bathroom is dirty with a poor stuff. I bought food and put on the kitchen's fridge and it was stolen by someone i asked to the hostel do something about it and they didn't care about.  ()
1   NIGHTMARE hostel!!! -- GO WITH SOMEONE ELSE IF POSSIBLE!!! COMPLETELY destroyed my plans on gold coast due to their poor booking service and overall rude disregard! After they misbooked me, they he said there was nothing he could do and simply offered us a refund but had no accommodation for us anymore. COMPLETELY unacceptable, it was 5.30pm and I was forced to search for alternate accommodation for 2hrs -- the worst nightmare for anyone with plans on the gold coast. Do not get caught with these guys.  , Australia ()
1   They are cheaters Don't book room in this hotel. They are cheaters. I requested to book room for one person. But they took information about my credit card, booked room for two persons and charged my credit card accordingly. When I told them that I confirmed my booking for one person and asked for my refund, they denied to do that. Although, it was completely their fault, they cheated me by charging extra money from my credit card. So unfair people.  , Australia ()
2   Disgusting Really dirty stained mattress, dirty carpet, broken doors, TV that didn't work. Grumpy man at front of house don't think he smiled once. Really needs some TLC -- looks really scruffy on the inside but has potential if it has the right management. Good location though close to beach entrance and town.  , New Zealand ()
1   Poor customer service After booking with this hostel in April 2008 for a one week's stay in November, I was phoned by the Hostel in July to cancel my booking. According to them, they "made a mistake" with the booking. But when phoning under another name to make a booking for the same period, I was told that they didn't take bookings as they were closed for renovations. They just wanted to get rid of us because they wanted to renovate, not because they "made a mistake with the booking." Still waiting for the deposit of $100 I paid. Being fobbed off with excuses like staff sick and nobody else knows how to do refunds. Have phoned three times to request the refund. Nothing to date!  , Australian ()
1   Crap! This was my worst nightmare and i'm still seething a month after staying at this place! It was gross. just like all the other unsatisfied customers, only my one ended up worse as i got robbed in my sleep by someone climbing through the balcony! Everything about this place is dodgy, the people that are there in particular. I'm pretty sure the thieves live in house, as apparently things are getting stolen all the time. Do not stay here. pitch a tent -- it would be better than this place any day!  , NZ ()
1  This is the worst place in the world! Firstly, the room smelt like wet dog (had to keep the balcony door opened at all times), the bathroom looked like it had never been cleaned since the place was built. We were not game to walk on the carpet without shoes due to the interesting collection of mould. The pillows were out of shape and also mouldy. Seriously, I would not let my worst enemy stay here! It was cruel and unusual punishment, never to be repeated!  , Australia ()
4  Loved my stay here! I stayed here on my own and felt very safe. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming. Room was small but clean. So close to everything! I will most definitely stay here again.  ()