Hostel California

How is Hostel California rated on other websites?
Hostel California Reviews from the Web
1   Bad Joke I am not used to luxury and I knew I could not expect much from a 14 bed dorm, but the staff was so unfriendly that I would not sleep there again. When we showed our booking voucher to the guy he didn't even know what it is and had to search our booking for quite a while. Then we had to pay 23 Euro and just had a 50 euro bill and he didnt have enough change and was helpless. he said he couldnt accept it or that we have to go and change it NOW. I said to him that I will give him the money after I had my italian Pizza (in a chinese Pizza restaurant). After a discussion he accepted. The little lockers for the personal things were 2 euros, so we didnt want them. Too expensive everything! He gave us a map, showed us where we were, where the station is and where you can go for shopping. Culture doesn't seem that important ... WTF ... so we did everything without unfriendly advice. NEVER ever again.  , age 23 ()
1   Worst place I have ever seen Inconvenient location, rude staff, dirty and disgusting bathrooms and kitchen, dangerous bunk beds without rails or bars on the side and broken ladders, noisy, unsafe, hidden costs that are not included in the price but are compulsory upon arrival. A nightmare for non-smokers, since smoking is allowed in the common rooms. Stay away!  , age 30, Germany ()
2   Cheap but with hidden costs There were some mandatory hidden costs, that are not specified on booking price. I don't know why booking sites allow them to deceive customers. So I expected to pay the mandatory blanket tax, but there was also a city tax. So the final price for the bed was almost double as advertised. The bed from first night was near a window that cannot be closed completely so I was forced to sleep fully clothed, with my head covered and the Jacket over the blanket. Even this way I woke up with red and swollen eyes. They couldn't change my bed for next days, but I got lucky cause a big group wanted the whole room so I was moved after all. Some showers are missing heads. But you can find a better one on public area. The kitchen was not the cleanest I ever seen, but peoples tend to meet there in the evening and try to have a good time. Even the staff smoked in the kitchen, so sometimes the smoke was too much, even when some tried to eat breakfast. The spirit was really great. But around 11 pm, the owner came every night to lock the kitchen and get us out. After that, you don't have any chair to sit if you have to spend some time online. Maybe just on the stairs. Wifi can be reached on the closest room(s) from reception and on upstair kitchen. On the first room I stayed it didn't worked. Maybe when you make the reservation you can send an email to hostel to ask for a bed in a room with wifi, if you need to stay late in the night. The location is not so great, because you need to walk 15 minutes to the closest metro stations. There are two at almost the same distance. The good point is that there are some supermarket near, on the road to metro, and also some cheap eats (turkish and other fast foods) around, where you can save some money comparing to central eateries. I cannot recommend this place.  , Romanian ()
1   Overall a very poorly managed hostel. This hostel was extremely dirty. The tub had not been cleaned in a very long time and the kitchen had dirty dishes and garbage on the counters. The dorm room was very hot with no ventilation. The staff were not helpful and spent most of their time smoking in the kitchen. I would not recommend this place and never return.  , usa ()