360 Hostel Malasaña

Malasaña Traveler's Hostel is a decent option for those on a budget. The hostel fits the bill for basic amenities, but doesn't offer much else.

The hostel is located in Malasaña, which is known as one of the more young and alternative areas of Madrid. Even with the reputation, the area does not offer much in terms of cool places to hang out. It's located about a block from the metro, but it's an easy fifteen-minute walk down a pleasant street shopping street to Sol.

The hostel has a two-bed, a four-bed, and a twelve-bed dorm. Each person gets his own key to the room and the two front doors and there are lockers in the rooms. The twelve-bed dorm has bunk beds and is rather cramped, but livable.

There are separate rooms for the toilets and the showers. The toilet room has three stalls and is rather cramped, but the shower room is more spacious and there are sinks for brushing teeth. Unfortunately, there are not enough toilets for the size of the hostel. The toilet and showers are located near the common room area, which means you have to pass through the reception and computer area to get to the bathroom. This can be awkward when showering.

There is a common area, a kitchen, computer terminals, and an area with lockers to store belongings post-checkout. The common spaces are well-used and there are always people either at the computers or in the common area and kitchen. The kitchen feels homey and is spacious, but smells a bit odd (and this permeates the entire hostel). The hostel is always busy; the atmosphere is very social and people tend to hang out late into the night. This can be a drawback for those who are early sleepers.

Overall, Malasaña Traveler's Hostel is a decent place to stay if you are on a budget. The rooms and bathroom are cramped, but acceptable. The staff are friendly and the atmosphere is great for those who are looking to meet other travelers.
by Diana Lam
June 2011

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "360 Hostel Malasaña" at Manuela Malasaña 23, 1º.)

Manuela Malasaña 23, 1º, Madrid, Community of Madrid, Spain
40.428662, -3.704263
360hostelmalasana@gmail.com, travelershostel@gmail.com
+34 91 591 55 79

How is 360 Hostel Malasaña rated on other websites?

Great Place
I stayed 3 nights at here, it was clean and the staff were super friendly and helpful. they had something organised for every night of the week. I would definitely recommend this place.
A true independent traveler's hostel
Great hostel. As with all the best it's not too fancy and in no way clinical (it is clean though). The staff were great. As soon as I arrived, Leon gave me tips on where to go based on how long I had before the free Paella at 9pm; meanwhile a friendly bunch sat on the floor and chatted. He later invited me and another guest on a night out with his friends on a rare evening where there was not too much going on at the hostel. He definitely deserved the customer service awards he had picked up. The hostel is small and the free evening meals or drinks are pull everyone together and you'd be well advised to turn up for these to make the most of the place. Every evening we went out and on most days I found myself exploring Madrid with people from the hostel. Malasana, the local area had loads of character. It was a nice walk though the shopping streets to the central square. Personally I usually try to stay in quirky areas rather than the dead centre of a town as the latter you are guaranteed to see anyway. Often my favourite parts of a city turn out to be in the inner suburbs and staying and getting to know them makes the area feel more like a home. A great city and a great hostel (and I've stayed in over 50). I was lucky enough to meet great people too, though I expect this is not uncommon in Hostel One Malasana. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Madrid.
By far one of the best hostels I have stayed in! The staff, Leon in particular, were incredible helpful and welcoming. The rooms, common areas and bathrooms were really clean and comfortable. There were also activities arranged every night, which included free food and drinks! I will definitely use this hostel again if I return to Madrid.

Rate 360 Hostel Malasaña