Amigo Hostel

How is Amigo Hostel rated on other websites?
Amigo Hostel Reviews from the Web
2   A cheap bed to sleep in. This hostel is in a good location in Taipei directly across the street from the Dingxi MRT so it is easy to find. The lady who helped us check in and answered any questions was very friendly and helpful and the little resident dog is great too! The not so great parts were the fact that the room is essentially a closet with bunk beds. Super small room, separate shared bathroom with limited hot water, hard mattress. Free WiFi worked fine, which is always nice. This place is just fine if you're only wanting to sleep with no other amenities for a very cheap price. Stayed here on New Year's Eve and was by far the cheapest place around. Plus, we were out until 6 am anyways so all we needed was a bed to stumble back to!  , USA ()
1   TERRIBLE In the public areas such as the bathrooms, toilets and sinks were extremely dirty, cramped and with either old or broken equipment while the 10-person double-deck bedroom we stayed was cramped as well, without any furniture but the beds, old cloth transparent curtain, warm air-con. We simply did not dare to sleep on the mattresses and touch anything. We have traveled around the globe in both Europe and Asia (China included) and have never experienced such a horrible environment in any youth hostels. It is simply not up to an acceptable standard and we suspect all the previous recommendations were shams. NT$450 a night for a 10-person-bedroom bed was very expensive as we later paid NT$600 for a twin room bed at a homestay which was very clean, provided a large breakfast and pickup service from the host. We spent half a year planning for this trip and its quality really ruined our mood.  , Hong Kong ()
1   The worst This is the worst place I have ever stayed. if you have booked here and all the other hostels are booked, you may want to consider the sidewalk instead. highly recommended you not consider this place. Beware.  , Canada ()
1  The pictures are a deception. The place looks run down. When I arrived, there was dog urine and feces on the indoor walkway that leads to the family room. There is not air conditioning so that the rooms get really really warm. The dog barks in the middle of the night (2 a.m.) and actually bit my ankle. It bled a little so I was a bit annoyed by that. The sheets were not changed in my room. I definitely do not recommend anybody to stay here. I have stayed in a few hostels in Asia and this one is the worst.  ()
1  The orwner was so scary. He came in my room when I was sleeping! What a guy he is! Other people were nice, but the owner "Micheal" was really really bad! Don't go there!  ()