City Center Hostel

City Center Hostel is hard to find, we had to walk up and down the stairs looking for numbers on the door. If you go to the top and look for a very small sign next to door you will find it. The building is across from a large McDonald’s which is easy to find. When you walk in everything is bright, new, and clean. The check-in desk is like a hotel.

It's right off the Independence Square next to large McDonald’s -- you can’t get any closer to the sights. Though a lot of sights are spread across the city, this hostel is close to the major ones.

The rooms all have nice metal beds and good mattresses, with lots of room to move around. The dorm room we stayed in has a great view of city below and everything is clean, new, and bright. The bathrooms are a bit small, with the toilet and shower divided up. The shower is stuck in a corner and there is not much space to move around, plus it is dirty, with ring of dirt on the base of shower.

The common place is a small couch and table area; it is not kept tidy even though it is across from the check-in desk. We didn’t see many people sitting there and we think this makes it hard to meet people here.

Summary

Overall this hostel is a good choice in the city; it’s got a good location, good solid thick beds, and is new and well lit inside. The receptionist is helpful and gives suggestions on what to do and where to go as well.

November 2010

How is City Center Hostel rated on other websites?
1   Location is good, the rest is real disaster! There was a mistake with my reservation and instead a 5 girls dorm, they get me into a 8 mixed dorm (same price). During the night, people (including the receptionist) were coming to smoke and drink in my room. The day after, I ask them to change room but they said "the hostel was fully booked" (even that I saw empty rooms) and same party went on in my room. I couldn't sleep in 2 days ... Of course, they did not apologize for a second and instead a "hello, good morning" 1st thing I heard in the 2nd morning was, "you must pay!!!!" I left very upset without paying the last day!!! Toilets? dirty. Shower? I did not dare to take one. lockers? there is none. bed and bed sheets? dirty. common area? small but with good wifi. staff? very rude. views and location? the best in the city.  , age 34, spain ()
4   You can't be more central than in this hostel Reception girls were very friendly although not so familiar with questions about the city. Maybe it was because staff is often transferred to other hostels. I stayed in the single room next to the elevator. Very quiet though (apart from the drunk banging on the wall one or two floors lower). Clean and safe, free coffee. Guests from the dorms seemed to like the hostel as well. I would recommend this hostel  , Flanders ()
4   Nice. Really good locations. Small lift to go to the 8th floor. Clean and safe hostel.  , FRANCE ()
4   Good place for reasonable money I stayed there one night only, but I would definitely recommend this hostel to everybody who wants a clean, reasonable in costs, really CITY CENTERED hostel. No complains at all!!!!! Girls from reception were very nice, helpful and location is amazing: you have the best view over Independence Square from your window.  , Romanian ()
City Center Hostel Reviews from the Web