New Palm Hotel & Hostel

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "New Palm Hotel & Hostel" at Hanivim Street 4 & 6, Damascus Gate.)

Hanivim Street 4 & 6, Damascus Gate, Jerusalem, Jerusalem District, Israel
0097226273189
+972 26284226

How is New Palm Hotel & Hostel rated on other websites?

Terrible
I was in a decent room but I was told to to to another room a few days into my stay. The new room had twelve beds and a tiny window to the outside. There was a large window to the lobby area where you could hear everything. The staff was not helpful. The place was dirty and smelled like sewer often. Bed sheets rarely changed. My advice is to spend the extra five dollars to go someplace decent.
Jadon
2013-04-19

Filthy, bad equipped but in a good position
The Hostel/hotel has very low standards. Rooms are small and dirty. Internet connection is unreliable and slow. The only positive aspect is the central position, next to Damascusa gate, the main entrance to the old city of Jerusalem.
Sam
(Italy)
2012-08-15

It was great!! ... only location.
the hostel locate in front of the Damascas gate, 3min walk from tram station, mini-market at down stairs, the location was perfect, and that's all. room was not clearn, very simple breakfast, most of staffs helped us were the little boys ... when I asked a man (owner? I dont know) for the dead sea tour, he suggested a tour which cost like $200 per person and he said there is no other way to go to the dead sea, and he said if we organise the travel ourselves it may cost much expensive than this, but eventually we found the bus costs only $40 each.
yoshie
(japanese)
2012-06-28

Don't expect much
free luggage meant just living a backpack or a suitcase in the hall though it turned out to be farly safe (I left mine for three days while went traveling to Palestine). most of the staff doesn't speak English so they were of no help. bedsheets are not changed for at least a week (I eventually got the same bed on return, and it still had the same linen on it). the only advantage is the location -- two minutes away from the Damascus gates, the second best entrance to the Old city after Jaffa Gates; two bus stations from which u can easily travel to Mt. of Olives and Betlehem; train station which will bring you to the central bus station in some 15 minutes; market right outside so u can have some fruit and veg, and bread pretty much any time between 7am and 11pm.
Marina