Jikeleza Lodge International Backpackers Hostel

Guests in our kitchen
Jikeleza LodgeDouble Room
Our LoungeMeal under in the tree in our backyardOur logo Jikeleza Lodge

How is Jikeleza Lodge International Backpackers Hostel rated on other websites?
Jikeleza Lodge International Backpackers Hostel Reviews from the Web
4   Great place to crash Just stayed overnight, for mandatory Baz Bus stop, even though our bus arrived late, a staff member was there to greet us, no time to explore, but the place seemed close to everything, with loads of information for PE and North & South. Room spacious, bed comfy, plenty of outlets to power up, had a good nights sleep, thanks for letting me crash!  , age 40, Australian ()
5   Good location & friendly helpful staff A good location 5 mins from the centre. Staff are friendly and helpful and the tour to Addo and safari was excellent.  , age 46, England ()
2  Stayed in many hostels during my visit to S.A. and this was by far the worst (and in fact, my only bad experience). Upon arrival, the manager refused to leave his living room to speak to me because he "wasn't on duty" as I had booked a double but they gave me three singles and a bunk bed -- was told to push two beds together (fine for two sharing, not so good for one person!). Was also told I would still have to pay for a double! Uncomfortable beds, awful garden, dodgy kitchen (two out of five for cleanliness), three of four windows in my room were nailed shut (not nice during the humid spell. I won't be back here!  , England ()
4  A very nice place — but you get the feeling you are not very welcome if you only want to spend a night and not go on one of the various tours they offer. And the owner does not stop talking — you cannot get a word in. This was really annoying everyone in the living room!!! Nevertheless, it's a nice, safe place. If you travel on your own and want to hang out for a while — go to Jikeleza!  ()
5  I stayed here after a frightening experience in the neighborhood where I had been staying, and they were very kind and took me in and took wonderful care of me. The place is gorgeous and in a perfect location, with good accessibility to the waterfront and lots of places to eat and explore. It's very safe, too.  ()