Bozeman Backpacker

The Bridgers & Bozeman
Downtown Bozeman
Cafe outside the Hostel

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Bozeman Backpacker" at 27 East Main St..)

27 East Main St., Bozeman, Montana, USA
45.679578, -111.036231 (accuracy not guaranteed)
please use email

How is Bozeman Backpacker rated on other websites?

Loud
I have been to this hostel twice. The first time was when Wayne was manager and I was very impressed by his helpfulness and dedication to the hostel. I was disappointed the second time and the reason is that the current managers seemed oblivious that there was someone trying tp sleep in the room while they were in the bathroom. I was also surprised that their conversation continued into the dining area and they still seemed unaware that it was 1 a.m. Most hostel have a quiet policy after 10 p.m. I still recommend it but ask for an upstairs room where it is more quiet. Also, I found it a bit disconcerting that I looked at one of the books left on a table and the manager advised hostelers not to steal the book that he had bought for someone.
2008-07-20

I liked what i saw. was there in July 2005. cool place, nice part of town, friendly staff. i was in and out -- in around 8 p.m. and gone by 9 a.m. the next morning.
Russell
(United States)
2007-06-10
  Great! It was a perfect dream for me. I can't forget Montana. There is a perfect place. Bozeman Backpackers Hostel was my first stop in the USA. I was excited. It was also strange but you have to relax if you are staying at Bozeman Backpackers.
Hakan Duvarci
2005-05-06
  Very good hostel with a good price, nice people, and it's well equipped. I do really recommend it.
2005-03-01
  I've stayed at a lot of hostels and this one is one of the best. It has friendly staff, is very clean, and has a big front porch. I was there last month and it cost $16 for a dorm.
John
2004-08-28
  The best place in Montana--good times, great friends, and clean sheets.
Shannon
2004-08-18
  The Bozeman Backpackers Hostel is a great place to hang out, with a very relaxed atmosphere. It is only two blocks from downtown. I have stayed there both in winter and in summer, and there is plenty to see and do. There is great skiing and snowboarding at two local areas, and in the summer there is great hiking, biking and climbing, plus lots of river activities. I would recommend this hostel to anyone wanting a relaxed place to stay. The owner is an Australian, and has a lot of information about the area. It is $16 per night for a dorm bed, and my girlfriend and I stayed in the private room, which was a total of $35. Happy travels.
Dwayne
2004-07-22
  The Bozeman Hostel is known to serious Northern Rocky skiers of all ages, and you can't beat Bozeman for inexpensive skiing and nightlife. Hey, if you want Aspen, go to Aspen! The hostel is within walking distance to grocery stores, downtown, and ski and bike shops. Bridger Bowl rocks! There's almost always room, too. Last time I stayed it was $20 for a dorm bed.
Richard M