AAE SF European Hostel

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "AAE SF European Hostel" at 761 Minna Street.)

761 Minna Street, South of Market, San Francisco, California, USA
37.776183, -122.413425 (accuracy not guaranteed)
sfhostel.aaeworldhotels.com
+1 (415) 861-6634
+1 (415) 621-4428

How is AAE SF European Hostel rated on other websites?

Great stay
Great stay, cheap rates for expensive city. There are homeless people everywhere so did not feel scared. Staff was great, kitchen was nice, and the roof had great area to lounge around and very centrally located.
Age 26, American
2016-02-02

Quaint hostel in soma
I stayed here overnight before a train the next day. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. Despite booking a dorm, my room had only a single bunk, and no other occupants during my stay. The rooftop afforded me some of the best urban photos of my stay.
Chris
Age 28, Australian
2015-08-21

Only cheap, nothing else
If your consideration is only price, choose it. Otherwise choose other hostel. This hostel is only for sleep needed. No breakfast, no activity.
pearson
Age 22, taiwan
2014-10-14

Worst hostel!
Me and my boyfriend booked to stay for 2 weeks in this hostel, and when we arrived for check in, the man on the desk who was polite said that we could pay for one week first and then pay for the second, which made me think why. We paid for the one week, and we were in a 6 bed mixed dorm, which wasn't big enough for 4 beds let alone 6! After that one day we upgraded to a private room, and paid the difference. Nobody really spoke to us and the hostel wasn't exactly clean, so we tried to stay out as long as we could. We came to check out of the private room and back into the mixed dorm that we had already paid for and the same man on reception tried to get more money out of us, telling us that we had only paid for 5 days and not 7. We were not willing to pay more to stay in such a dirty hostel. There were homeless people everywhere and people in the alleyway injecting themselves. I would never ever go back to this hostel. We left 2 days early and booked another hostel.
Nikki
Age 27, England
2014-03-30

Not a great area but an ok stay!
Could be cleaner but we did see the cleaner working hard every day so they seem to be trying to improve this aspect! The fridge needs a clean though as the smell was awful. The area is close to city centre and a fairly short walk from the pier and golden gate park which are both nice places. Unfortunately there are a lot of homeless people about so I wouldn't head out after dark without a plan and a group. TV in dining room, not a lot of plug sockets in rooms, three bathrooms on our floor, staff could be friendlier but will answer any questions, free WiFi, a lot of cool people staying there! Overall it fits the cheap hostel stereotype the only difference being the intimidating area.
A
Age 20, British
2013-07-16

WORST HOSTEL EVER
This is the worst hostel we have ever stayed at!!!!! They took over half an hour to find the online reservation that we had made and didn't seem to know what they were doing. We eventually got into our room and were very disappointed to find that they did not provide linen or towels. We woke up with bed bug bites! They don't provide a breakfast. Their rooftop bar is nonexistent, as is the city view. Do not stay here, hostels of the same price get much better that this!!
Annabel and Sophie
(NZ and England)
2010-08-28

Managed with incompetence
I had reserved two nights. Three days prior to my arrival I specifically canceled only the first night. When I arrived to spend my single night there, there told me that they had canceled my entire reservation. This hostel is managed my immature idiots. I would highly recommend that you stay elsewhere.
Dusty
(U.S.A.)
2008-07-29

What a hellhole
The place is filthy and the owners are always trying to squeeze an extra five to ten dollars out of you for one thing or another. Bedbugs are a real issue and they won't spend the money to correct it.
Dennis