Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge

Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge is a great hostel, whether it be for a couple of days, or for a couple of months. It is a colorful and lively hostel in good, clean condition, and it appears that many guests return for a visit. There is no curfew, and they provide laundry service for a reasonable price. The interior decor of the hostel is very colorful and perpetuates a very social atmosphere.

The location is in a safe area, just about a four-minute walk from the lively main square. Between the hostel and the square, there are many boutiques and souvenir and food shops along the way. It's convenient to go get snacks without having to go far. There are several good restaurants within about a two-minute walking distance as well. Their website provides extremely detailed instructions, which makes the hostel relatively easy to find, even in the hustle and bustle of Marrakech. The location is perfect, because it is very close to everything, but on a quieter street of the city. It is also very close to the car park.

The rooms are kept very clean -- they're cleaned daily. The dorm rooms can accommodate up to ten people, but we stayed in a dorm room of four beds. It is an open-air hostel, so it is nice to be able to hear the call to prayer from your room. The bathrooms are clean and plentiful, and they are cleaned often. The staff work hard to make sure that everything is clean, neat, and orderly.

The common spaces are the best part of this hostel, because there are two large common spaces downstairs where people can socialize, smoke hookahs, and drink tea (tea is provided throughout the day). There is also a quieter common room on the second floor, which is great for a less social atmosphere. The final common area -- on the rooftop -- is very colorful and inviting. People gather here most nights, and every night that we stayed was very fun and social, and this area has a great atmosphere.

Summary

The building is in good condition, and the staff work very hard. It is run very well. Overall, we love this hostel, and will be back here the next time that we are in Marrakech.

by travelingtheworld
October 2013
Video
How is Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge rated on other websites?
Gomio
Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge Reviews from the Web
5   Perfect hostel Really can't rate this place highly enough, was our home away from home and the staff here just bent over backwards to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. Special thanks Pedro and Nacer! Can't wait to come back to Marrakech and this hostel will be our only option!  , age 24, Scotland ()
5   Everything you can ask for when looking for hostels The hostel was beautiful and had plenty of facilities. Location is prime -- only ~3 minute walk to the main square. Staff were very helpful and kind, and they assisted us a lot in finding stuff to do. Breakfast!!! We stayed there only 3 nights. Wasn't nearly long enough with Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge.  , age 18, USA ()
5  I liked the hostel because the location, staff and decoration are really good!! Zouhar thank you for your hospitality! I really appreciated it!  , age 22, Brazil ()
5   One of the best! This was a great hostel while in Marrakech; it was centrally located to get a taste of the hustle and bustle, yet, a peaceful escape once inside its doors. Malak, the manager, was exceptionally helpful and assisted in visiting a local hamam (a must) and even shared part of his traditional dinner with me. The free breakfast of warm breads and spiced coffee was a pleasant bonus!  ()
5   Best place ever First of all I have to say that the manager is such an attentive person! He gave me the best tips I could have in Marrakech. The staff is also really sweety and welcomed me and my friends with such a happiness that I've never seen in a hostel before. The bathroons surprised me because they are really clean and there are cleaning ladies all day long to maintain the place very nice. You can also have morrocco tea every time of the day for free!! Internet wifi is also good, really work in the common area.  , age 27, Brazilian ()
5   I felt like I was my home!!! Liked -- Could not fault one single thing that the staff did for us, especially Malik. Lovely place and even lovelier people -- WOW. Super clean surroundings that are very colourful, and the terrace was an absolute highlight, oh And I must mention that there are no less than 3 of them ... I would certainly recommend this place for anyone to stay, as it tick a lot of boxes that any seasoned hostel stayer are looking to tick! As I've been traveling for almost 7 months, this place blew me away and was easily the nicest place I've stayed at!!!  , age 31, Australian ()
5   The True Moroccan Experience Loved my stay in this gorgeous, colourful hostel. Very good location and the staff is very knowledgeable about the area. You can come here with no plans at all and Malik will make each day packed with cultural scenes, customs, and food. The breakfast is amazing and the free tea never gets old. You can make your stay as chill as you want or as crazy as ever. I will definitely visit again no matter my age. Thanks Malik!  , age 23, USA ()
5   A home in Marrakech Everything was so wonderful! I had a great time, everybody was friendly, always smiling and so warmhearted. The staff was so helpful and great, especially Zouhair was a great help! Thank you for this wonderful time! Can't wait to get back to the 7 guys of Marrakech.  , Germany ()
5   Gorgeous place filled with gorgeous people!! My stay at Marrakech Rouge has been absolutely amazing!!!! The staff are so friendly and the atmosphere is very warm and welcoming. A special shout out to Malik and Ahmed as they have been so lovely. To some up my stay, it has been an easy, laid back experience and i have met some great people ... i was only here 1 week and it is not long enough!!!  , British ()