Cheers Hostel

How is Cheers Hostel rated on other websites?
Cheers Hostel Reviews from the Web
5   Excellent place in Sultanahmet Great place to stay in the touristy section of Istanbul. About a 30 second walk from all the major attraction. Ahmet and his staff really go out of their way to help in any way possible. A real bonus is the fabulous (and included) turkish breakfast buffet. Rooftop bar has a great view of the Hagia Sofia at night.  ()
5   Perfect, Perfect, Perfect This was my first time staying at a Hostel and they have definitely set the standard high. First of all, the staff was amazing. Tarik and the other guys at the front desk were so kind and helpful. Onur, the owner came around later that evening and as more travelers started to trickle in, the rooftop bar started to fill up and it was a great atmosphere. At one point I asked for a shot of Jameson and upon discovering the bottle was empty, the bartender ran out to the store and bought a new bottle. I've never seen anything like that. This hospitality goes beyond anything I have experienced before. In addition to that, when I first arrived there were a few staff members and Ben, a traveler who had been there for three weeks, eating breakfast and they insisted I sit down to join them. (This was just getting in from a flight from Omaha to Istanbul, so it was greatly appreciated!) As far as the rooms go, I stayed in an 8 person dorm. It was clean, comfortable, and comes with a locker. The breakfast was great -- buffet style with fresh fruit, bread, jams. All in all, I couldn't recommend this hostel more. I will be going back to Istanbul in a few weeks with a friend and have already notified Tarik that we will be returning to Cheers. Thanks everyone at Cheers!! See you soon!  , age 25, USA ()
3   Expensive for what we got The location is great. Breakfast is the usual Turkish selection although fresh rather than stale bread would have been nice. Decent wi-fi. As far as we could tell there is no access to the kitchen for guests. We decided to treat ourselves to a private room. It was spacious and the private bathroom was nice but it was all a bit shabby and for $100 I think we could have found something much nicer. we noticed that in the dorm section that there was just one bathroom per floor -- a LONG wait for the shower I would imagine.  , Canada ()
4   Good, but not what we booked unfortunately they gave us a room outside the origin hostel, some blocks away. so make sure if you want to stay inside the hostel. anyway our double room was spacy and clean, a good value for the price.  , age 35, Germany ()
5   What a hostel!! My one regret from my excellent stay at Cheers Hostel is that I did not spend more time with the lovely staff. They made my friend and I feel very welcome. We stayed in a large private room and enjoyed the excellent breakfast fare.  , USA ()
4   Good facilities, great location This hostel is certainly worth considering, especially for its location about a block from Sultanhamet's major landmarks. Despite this, it is well insulated from most noise (except some Muslim chanting which could be heard loudly and clearly in the late afternoon.) I got an actual bed, not a bunk, in a semi-partitioned room, which created some feeling of privacy. Staff is friendly. Room was clean, warm (but not excessively so), and had a couple of lockers for the four beds. At one point it seemed to me that the shared bathroom was insufficient for the number of people but for all I know, that may have been just one person with a severely upset stomach hogging the toilet for a long time.  , Mexico ()
5   The perfect place to stay! Relaxed and personal atmosphere at Cheers. Great place, nice staff, awesome facilities, and always great atmosphere. This one has a nice location. Only 1 minute walk from the most famous sights. The beds are solid and comfortable. Rooms and bathrooms are kept very clean all the time (never seen a hostel that clean before). Staff are helpful and friendly. The top terrace has a fantastic view of Hagia Sofia. If you're visiting Istanbul, Cheers hostel is definitely the perfect place to stay! Strongly recommended.  , Norway ()