MIGU International Youth Hostel

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "MIGU International Youth Hostel" at Peng Feng Village, Gou Zhang Zha Town.)

Peng Feng Village, Gou Zhang Zha Town, Jiuzhaigou, China
www.jiuzhaigouhostel.com
86-837-7764828

How is MIGU International Youth Hostel rated on other websites?

Staff
I was originally intending to stay someplace else but my friends were staying here and the taxi driver was having problems with the address of that place. So I decided to stay here. The outside of the building is charming but inside it is quite characterless. I didn't try any of the food there as the menu didn't look too appetising but it didn't bother me. It was quite cold around the hostel but it was in the middle of november so it was to be expected. There is no real common area to speak of although there is a pool table and a TV in the reception. This sounds negative right? Wrong. Its a great place to stay for two reasons -- location (fifteen-minute walk to the park) and Most importantly the staff, the two ladies who run the reception were very helpful and friendly. One in particular, Penny, was a character, she was amusing, friendly, and very helpful. She noticed that my friend had a cold so she put an electric heater in our room free of charge. So also helped us change rooms after the power went in ours. Apparently the showers are good (I didn't use them) but the toilets and wash area was relatively clean. For what the place lacks in character Penny certainly makes up for it!
Adam