HI - Seattle - American Hotel

How is HI - Seattle - American Hotel rated on other websites?
HI - Seattle - American Hotel Reviews from the Web
1   Depressing place Cramped and poorly maintained rooms, a rather depressing place in a seedy neighbourhood. There are much better options in Seattle.  , age 50, Dutch ()
3   Small rooms and in a shady location I stayed in a 4 person dorm, which was so small if was difficult for everyone to put their suitcases in the room and sill have place to walk. The street the hostel is on has a lot of shady characters hanging out outside but if you don't leave the hostel its fine. Those were the only negatives. The free breakfast was pretty good and the hostel as a whole is pretty old but always clean.  , USA ()
4   Good Hostel in Seattle. Very Good.  , Japan ()
5  This hostel is in the Chinatown International Distict. Located next to a really big Asian market that should not be missed. I had no trouble finding the hostel. I used my gps and drove right to it. A sign outside the door also make it even easier to find. The only difficult part was finding a place to park that I did not have to pay for. There is a pay parking lot right across form the hostel that you can see from the hostel windows. I came in around 7pm and after 10 minutes of driving around I found a stop about 5 blocks away. Stree parking is free after 6pm until 8am and free on Sundays. Parking is $3 and hour on the street with a 2 hour limit. A loading zone is outside the hostel door so you can bring in you luggage, but is only for 3 minutes. There are some free parking areas but they are not very close. At 12am I saw that some parking spots I could see from the hostel were open so I went to get my car. I saw some homeless types and felt a little concerned about the area. I was happy to get in my car. When I asked the staff about the area they were quick to tell me not to leave anything in my car. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm room. There were 3 bunk bed. Each bed had a locker which was the size of a dorm fridge. I found it to be plenty of space. Each room had a card scanner lock. I felt very secure in the hostel. The front desk is open 24hrs as well. The bathrooms and rooms were clean and I never had to wait to use the bathroom The kitchen was very clean and organized also with plenty of room. The only thing was the refridgerator was crowded. A freezer was available. There is a room with a flat screen tv and each night they had a movie night with a theme. Upstairs is another common room that is quiet. They have a nice laundry area. There is no drinking allowed in the hostel, but on friday they have a pub crawl. On sunday morning they have a pancake feed for free from 10am till 11am for free. The staff makes the pancakes .They have free breakfast every day from 6am till 9am. There was bread, milk, oranges, juices, coffee and tea. The hostel was very clean and the staff was friendly. You had plenty of opportunity to socialize or area just to get away if you chose. I was glad I came in Sataurday night to save on parking prices.  , Usa ()
5   New, clean, and very well run. This hostel opened in July '09 and is brand new. Not only that, they also keep it impeccably clean, all the time. Many conveniences -- Laundry, Wi-fi, Computers. The only downside, and I'm being picky, is that it is a bit sterile. The staff are efficient, but not necessarily warm. The communal areas aren't that conducive to hang out in -- lots of fluorescent lighting. More couches would be good. Still, a great place.  , UK ()