Auberge L'Apéro

How is Auberge L'Apéro rated on other websites?
Auberge L'Apéro Reviews from the Web
2   Old and dirty Great location, but that was the only good thing about it. The entire place is old and grimy, and looks like a construction site. Online they claim to have much longer front desk hours than they really do, and when I called the number posted on the (closed when it should be open) front desk, the reply was rude. I will not be back, and I don't recommend it.  , Israel ()
5   Best experience The place was very clean, just like in the pictures.Yes, the place is how it looks in the pictures it's not fake. Frederic (worker at the hostel) did a great job of cleaning and was very nice. Paul was also very friendly. Great socialising environment. It's more personal -- homey. It had a TV and internet all of which are included in price. Washer and dryer available should anyone need to stay more than just a few days. Made friends at the hostel. The beds are so comfortable. Be careful, other hostels (some) use blow-up mattresses so if you want a real bed, this is a good choice because it's not only real but it was way more comfortable than the bed I sleep on at home. It's safe. The place has a.c. (I stayed in mid-August so I know). For potential students, Concordia is very near -- it's basically next door. I'm not recommending anyone go to concordia (I went there) -- I just want to say it's near. And it's also near to the metro (also near to corner stores, restaurants, clubs, everything). I appreciated the included breakfast. Paul was so funny. I must say that for the few months I stayed in Montreal, the best memories are in that hostel -- the guests were great, many many laughs, hanging out. There are two bathrooms. If you shower in the morning (it's a little busy in the morning), wake up a bit earlier. The early bird catches the worm. The wait isn't bad but if you do not want to wait at all, go early.  ()
5   Great Hostel I loved this hostel. Only reason I left was to add some variety to my Montreal visit. Paul the owner is extremely nice, and helpful. Also bilingual. A very comfortable and secure hostel. TV room, free internet. Very secure entrance. Great downtown location. A thirty-second walk from Rue Saint Catherine, a great street to walk down. A nice size. Only three dorm rooms. One for girls and the others mixed, at least during my stay. Two full bathrooms for eighteen guests is a nice balance. The message board where the staff or other guests can post ideas, or invites of things to do is an awesome touch I missed while at other hostels. Top notch.  , Canada ()