Hostel La Candelaria

Hostel La Candelaria is really comfortable and a nice stay. The staff are really friendly and helpful and will go out of their way to help you out with anything that you may need.

The Location<

The hostel is close to the downtown region and only a three-block walk from the central bus station in Valladolid. You can access most major amenities from here and they will only be a short walk away.

The rooms here are clean and tidy. They are equipped with a good quality mattress, sheets, and pillow. Each person is also allocated a large locker -- provide your own lock or leave a deposit at the front desk to borrow a lock for the locker for your stay. The bathrooms have great shower heads and are really clean. They are located in an outdoor block that is serviced daily in the mornings. Towels are for rent here for the duration of your stay if you do not have your own.

There is an abundance of common space in this hostel to hang out and meet people. They have two kitchens -- a smaller one inside and a larger one in the outdoor area out back where they serve breakfast every morning. They have an area right at the back of the hostel with hammocks where you can lie around and relax, and lots of different tables and chairs in nooks and crannies of the jungle-themed garden. Out back there are also sinks, where you can hand wash your laundry.

Inside, you will find the reception area, which has a computer with access to the internet and chairs where you can hang around. They have a couch area, too, with a television, a book exchange, and a guitar. There are cats that roam around the hostel; you will often find them outside playing, or lounging around.

Summary

The hostel has a super cool, relaxed, and friendly vibe to it and it is a really cool place to stay in Valladolid. It's definitely one of the best hostels that we have seen in Mexico!

by Globetrotter
November 2012

How is Hostel La Candelaria rated on other websites?
5   Genial Zuper was very good ...  ()
5   Great place to hang out in Valladolid This hostel is lovely, and includes free wifi, breakfast, and kitchen access. It's a great place to make a home base in Valladolid. They also rent bikes for 15 pesos/day. I stayed two nights this visit and plan to come back soon.  , age 27, USA ()
5   Enchanting!!! This hostel is a garden in the city. It's a peaceful retreat set amongst trees and flowers. The beds were comfortable and the rooms clean and free of insects. We didn't want to leave!!!  , age 56, Canada ()
5   Secluded in the City This is an amazing gem in Valladolid. With most the rooms near the front, our colorful jungle bungalow seemed hidden amongst thick vegetation and gravel paths. Comfortable areas to eat, relax, and socialize are hidden throughout. It's a wonderful oasis right in the center of town. The only problem I had was getting eaten alive by mosquitoes around dusk ... so bring your deet!  , age 34, USA ()
5   Fantastic Oasis of a Hostel We loved this place. It's kept with love and care, the staff are all incredibly friendly and helpful and the setting of the hostel is the nicest we've had in 2 months in Mexico. Beautifully manicured gardens with vines covering the roof of the outside sitting area, a gorgeous outside kitchen and hammocks in the garden to laze an aft on away. Our room was nicely decorated, everything is immaculately clean and the bathrooms were sweet and super clean. I can't say enough about this place. Loved it.  , age 38, Australia ()
5   Great quality for money Very satisfied with the service -- the friendly hostel staff had provided us with many useful suggestions about where to have dinner, where to buy things, what to see, how to get to the places of interest ... Everything! The breakfast food was very nice, not as what we expected! The place was clean and tidy, not overcrowded, though we stayed there in May. The bed (we stayed in a private room/2 persons) was comfy. The room is small (and doesn't have much storage space) but big enough if you stay just for a couple of days as we did. The negative in all this was just a bit of noise, especially in the late evening when people are socializing in the garden and in the morning at around 7 when the staff starts to set up the breakfast for the guests. Overall, I would definitely recommend this place!!!  , age 25, Belarus ()
5   Slice of Jungle Bungalow in Precious Valladolid Super kind and helpful staff. Tannia and Gero helped us with directions, special requests and their upbeat attitude. We enjoyed the private rooms with shared baths. Nighttime hammocks,papaya trees, creeping vines in bloom a cat and two kittens at play. The room had great decoration, comfortable bed and breakfast. The two kitchens were well stocked and great for cooking amazing veggies from the market. We took a trip to Rio Lagartos and drove to the Flamingos.  , age 50, USA ()
5   Awesome hostel!!! best in valladolid. I only stayed a couple of nights but was very impressed with the whole set up. Very clean and comfortable and I especially liked the outdoor kitchen and beautiful garden. I will be staying here again for sure and i recommend it to anybody traveling through Valladolid.  , australian ()
5   Excellent. Very nice, great garden area, clean and excellent location.  , USA ()
4   Great Place This was one of the best hostels I stayed at during a recent month long visit to Mexico. The place was very clean, comfortable, secure and visually pleasing. The girls dorm was a bit cramped but there were many indoor and outdoor places to hang out and visit. The gardens were incredible and there was place to do laundry and breakfast was simple but adequate. The staff were helpful and the map was a real help. The shower nozzles were nonexistent but hot water was plentiful. I would highly recommend this place.  , Canada ()
5   A little slice of heaven, nestled away in a beautiful town I cannot emphasize enough how wonderful my stay at La Candelaria was. My boyfriend and I stayed only two short days, but that was enough to make me want to stay for months and months. The staff is beyond pleasant and helpful, the atmosphere perfectly picturesque, the facilities clean, the other guests fun and friendly. I have not a single complaint. Our stay was magnificent. I hope to have the chance to visit for an extended period of time some day.  , USA ()