Golden Gate Inn

How is Golden Gate Inn rated on other websites?
5   Excellent very pleasant family run business in the heart of Jerusalem (PALESTINE). Very close to the al aqsa and in the old city. very polite and conveniently next to shopping area of souq khan al zeit.  , BRITISH ()
5   A good hotel on a budget We really enjoyed our stay at the Golden Gate. The rooms were comfortable and quiet, the breakfast was wonderful and plentiful, and the staff was helpful. The hotel had character without sacrificing comfort. The only issue we had was with laundry taking a day longer than it was supposed to. Altogether, one of the nicer budget hotels we've stayed at.  , USA ()
5   Good location, Helpful staff, Quiet, Clean I really enjoyed my 10 night stay along with 2 other friends! Hani was very helpful and made our time enjoyable. Enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere and meeting other friendly people. Good Breakfast each morning! Only minor complaint: Having a few more places to hang clothes and stands to set extra luggage on would be a bonus. Otherwise GREAT! I hope to come back again!  , United States ()
5   Must book it NOW! I booked this Hostel before I arrived, with very little information about the accommodation. I was absolutely surprised. I love this place. If I ever go back to the Old City its definitely the first place on my list. Hani and his Uncle Loutfi are two of the nicest people I have met and extremely helpful. The breakfast is nice and the resident communal area is a good place to meet travelers. Its located directly in the Muslim Quarter and 5 minutes walk from the Temple mount. The beds were comfortable and the sheets were clean. Free coffee and tea on endless supply. I really want to thank Golden Gate Inn for the service they provided! I really recommend going there and it is well and fairly priced. I went in the high season and it was the cleanest, nicest, most wonderful, and cheap hostel.  , UK ()
4   A great feeling to be stopping inside the holy city location was ideal, right inside the walls of the old city. 45yrds from damascus gate. rooms were just right in size and were very clean could not ask for more for the money i paid so i was very happy.  , england uk ()
2   It was good we are from chicago. we came as group to this nice, old, historical, unique hostel in the old city in jerusalem. we went to this hostel in august 10 to 12. we advice to visit this place and sleep in it.  , usa ()
2   Gone downhill I've spent plenty of happy time in this hostel, in 2005, 2008, and 2009 and was always happy to come back. But it seems to have gone downhill -- although the rooms are still clean and its a good quiet place to get away from the bustle of the city, the staff seem to mainly be much ruder and grumpier than before and whether breakfast happens is a bit down to chance -- sometimes it's there and plentiful, sometimes your enquiry is met with a grunt of 'no breakfast.' If one of your criteria for choosing a hostel is whether you get a decent feed to start the day then not even knowing if you need to get your own stuff in advance is kind of inconvenient. They're also putting in new rooms into what used to be the lounge/lobby, so there isn't really much space to hang out any more.  , UK ()
4  we have been here in april 2010 for 3 nights. clean room, good beds. very good breakfast. all day free coffee and tea. friendly people. next time (october/november 2010) we like to stay there again.  , dutch ()