Eva's Backpackers

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Eva's Backpackers" at 6-8 Orwell Street.)

6-8 Orwell Street, Kings Cross, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
-33.785889, 150.902376 (accuracy not guaranteed)
+61 (2) 9358-2185
+61 (2) 9358-3259

How is Eva's Backpackers rated on other websites?

Would not recommend it
We arrived late and they made us provide our passports until the next morning. Kind of weird. Our double room was very cramped, as was the kitchen, TV, and internet area. We only stayed two nights because it was so noisy, both at night and first thing in the morning. On the up side it was pretty clean, and there were multiple bathrooms per floor.
Christy
(Canada)
2009-10-14
  Eva's is a well located, clean hostel. The staff are friendly and the kitchen is very sociable. I stayed in a ground floor dorm with en suite bathroom but the rooms on the higher floors aren't en suite. The kitchen can get crowded at meal times and the "TV room" is part of the ground floor corridor. But there is a roof terrace to chill out on either during the day or until 11 p.m. in the evening. The hostel is just a couple of mins walk from Kings Cross train station and Darlinghurst Road. Eva's is very popular with Germans, Italians, and a mix of other nationalities.
Rabbie
2006-08-16
  Very nice place. First place we stopped in at Sydney. Doubles have a fan and we had an extra bed in our room!!! Staff very friendly and helpful. Bathrooms spotless.
fudge
2006-01-27
  The rooms and bathrooms were clean, but the "TV room" was really a couch in a wide part of the hallway with very little room for people to hang out in. Two computers with free internet from 7 am to 11 pm (although usually you had to queue up), and the woman at the front desk (Eva? don't know) was kind of obnoxious and gave us some attitude. It's only a couple of blocks from the Kings Cross train station, though, and if you don't want to hang out and meet people in the hostel, it's a decent place to stay.
alison
2005-12-15
  This hostel was okay, but quite pokey: the cramped kitchen and dining area were always packed — especially at free-breakfast o'clock! The rooms were nice, though we were told twice we could book into our double and each time found the previous occupants were still in there — in bed — sorry!! It was also quite hot as I remember.
TH
2005-05-17
  This was the first hostel I stayed in Sydney, and it was a very weird experience. I arrived on a late flight and got to the hostel at around 11:30 p.m. Only the night porter was around, and he let me in. He told me he needed my passport, and I would get it back the following day. This was a very unusual thing to ask, so I said no. I said I would pay for the room and give him my driver's license instead. An argument ensued, the outcome of which was the guy telling me that if I didn't give him my passport I could go and find somewhere else to stay. It was 12 midnight, in a strange city. I gave him my passport fully expecting not to see it again. It was there in the morning, though! The room was small, with an en suite bathroom.
Tony