The 4 You Hostel Munich

4 You Munchen Youth Hostel is very convenient since it is located only a few blocks from the Munich rail station, an easy walking distance.

However, it looks like a pretty old hotel transformed into a hostel, and there is not enough available space for their customers. The reception is pretty small and always crowded. Though the team does their best to compensate for the space disadvantage and is very efficient, there is always a line. A little too cold and very professional, you will not find a warm reception, though the guys are nice and always willing to provide full information about the town, train schedules, and any other tourist information. They work round the clock and can speak several languages.

Bunk-bed rooms are very crowded (twelve beds in a room), and since the hostel has no curfew and no lockout (it is a private hostel), it happens that you might find yourself sharing room with noisy night people. The hostel is several stories high and has an elevator -- however, with peak movement in the morning hours, this lift cannot satisfy the demand properly. Showers are convenient (twenty-four-hour hot) and located aside from the WC's. Be careful with the door that closes by itself.

Breakfast is included and is served in a big room. This is the place where you can meet people and socialize because there is more space, with many tables and a small courtyard, which is excellent for playing cards and relaxing. The help-yourself breakfast is very rich. No kitchen is available for guests to cook in. The hostel provides free lockers and and a large luggage room and offers internet facilities and tourist excursions and packages. There is also table soccer available.

by pdtboy
January 2007

How is The 4 You Hostel Munich rated on other websites?
Gomio
4   Positive First Hostel Experience I did a lot of research before picking my hostel for my first time ever stay. I was pleased with the experience and felt very safe, especially since it was just around the corner from München Hauptbahnhof. My friend helped me find it earlier in the day for check-in, but it was a little trickier to find on my own once it got dark and I wasn't coming directly from the train station. But that might be more due to my unfamiliarity with the city and the language. One drawback of this convenient location is the noise level from the busy street being a little louder than preferred. I stayed in an all-female dorm and was lucky to have everyone be very respectful of each other through our various sleeping schedules. I don't know if it was based on the time of day I used the bathrooms, but they weren't the cleanest I'd ever seen. The different desk clerks were very helpful and friendly. The New Europe-Munich walking tour was a big highlight of my stay and I wouldn't have known about it without the information at the desk and the guide picking those interested up and leading us to the bigger group. Overall, it was a positive experience that encourages me to continue looking into hostels as a way to travel and meet cool people from around the world.  , USA ()
5   Amazing atmosphere Lovely people at reception, amazing atmosphere at the hostel, breakfast was amazing. It's located right next to the central train station, so location is quite good too. Would love to drop by sometime again here.  , age 21, Indian ()
4   Nice hostel! The breakfast was great, and there is no lockout which came in very handy for lie-ins! Bathroom was kept clean, seemed to have sufficient facilities for its guests. Location is fine and staff were no problem, even though we did mess around having "ladder-stilts wars" (cleaning lady wasn't too impressed however so we stopped). No problems with cleanliness or anything. I'd happily stay here again.  , English ()
3  I've stayed in the hostel for one night at April and it was empty. I paid for a six-bed dorm 21.50 euro, but I was alone so it was like a single room. Due to the fact that the hostel was empty, everything was clean and nice. But I suppose travellers will have problems with the toilet facilities during the summer because there were only two cabins for the enitre floor of more than 30 persons. The room was clean and the staff was very friendly (especially the lady in the morning shift) but the guy in the evening couldn't speak English very well. The location of the hostel is also very good. Its one hundred meters from the central railway station and ten minutes walk from Marienplatz. If you are visiting Munich in April I recommend it.  ()
5  this hostel was the shizzle. i stayed here and ate breakfast for free, because i didnt know i was supposed to pay for it. but no one stopped me, so give it a go. its in the center of munich which is a boss city. the rooms had lockers which was super sweet. there were also some hot girls in my room. so have fun with that. happy oktoberfesting  ()
4  I loved Munich! It was great. This hostel was clean, neat, they have lockers and friendly staff. So many people stay at this hostel that oddly enough it wasn't as conducive to meeting people as a smaller hostel would have been. Breakfast was included and it was delicious. The hostel is in a great location, right across the street from the station and near a bunch of huge department stores. And it's just a hop, skip and a jump from downtown as well as a lot of beer houses. I recommend it! Also, they have information on how to get to nearby sites. They were very helpful.  ()
Response from the accommodation: I work at this hostel and I must say I am very disapointed about the comments our guests are writing and the arguments I can not understand, We are doing everything to get it a clean hostel, could it be that some guests are not as clean as one should? About the price, there are hostels which are cheaper, but not all the time it depends, when you are in Munich. Alle the rates in 2005 are including breakfast and that's all year long!  ()
4  I stayed at this hostel with a group of friends and none of us had any complaints. It is not that hard to find if you walk there from the Hauptbahnhof (main train station). It's only a five-minute walk and it's convenient to most attractions. I was too drunk most nights to catch any breakfast in the morning so no comments there. We stayed in a co-ed dorm with eight beds and it was quite spacious. The bathrooms down the hall were clean and the staff very friendly. I would definitely stay there again.  ()
The 4 You Hostel Munich Reviews from the Web