Milimani Backpackers & Safari Centre Ltd

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Milimani Backpackers & Safari Centre Ltd" at Karen Suburbs: St. Helens Lane, Off Langata Road.)

Karen Suburbs: St. Helens Lane, Off Langata Road, Nairobi, Kenya
-1.336239, 36.729896 (accuracy not guaranteed)
www.milimanibackpackers.com
+254718919020
+254 (0) 20-2343920

How is Milimani Backpackers & Safari Centre Ltd rated on other websites?

DO NOT RECOMMEND
i can say this was one of the worst hostels i stayed in in Africa. the owner is a very selfish lady who is basically just intent on getting as much money from guests as possible. when i was there one of the dogs they keep bit someone and they had to go to the hospital. they had to fight hard to get any compensation. i got a bad feeling from the moment i arrived.
Ken Shaw
2012-03-10

Bad Experience
I would like to warn people about Milimani Backpackers. It's in the guidebook. As a hostel it is fine enough but I had a really negative experience with them. They have an area in the back corner next to the wall where people can camp. One evening I was lying down in my tent when a big thunderstorm came. The thunder was really close so I got out and went inside the hostel. Less than five minutes later I came back to check if water was getting in and I found my tent was covered in bricks. The wall had fallen on it. If I had been inside I would have died or been very seriously hurt. My tent was destroyed and when I checked my new video camera I found the screen had been cracked. I found out later this was the 3rd time the wall had fallen and once before it had hit a tent but they still let people camp there. I assumed Patricia, the owner, would replace or fix my tent and camera without any problem, just happy I was alive. But to my surprise she refused to pay a cent. After a heated argument they finally agreed to look for estimates. That was the beginning of a long fight to get some compensation. The played all kinds of games with me. They lied, they didn't return my calls/messages/emails and they stalled me hoping I would give up. For awhile I stayed at the backpacker waiting for them and they refused to let me stay for free. In the end I finally got some cash four months later but only because I was so persistent. As for my tent they reluctantly gave me the cheapest old tent they had. It was useless against rain. For this I would have to say do not stay at Milimani Backpackers.
Chris