Snowbeds

Special Note from Hostelz.com: Snowbeds is no longer listed in any of the hostel booking systems. There is a good chance they may have closed down. If you have any information about it, please let us know with the Listing Update Form.

For alternative options in Hakuba, see the Hakuba Hostels list.

How is Snowbeds rated on other websites?
5   Great, affordable B&B Formerly a backpackers, and still outfitted as such, but with enough upgrades in facility and service to set itself above other cheap options in Hakuba (stayed down the road for almost the same money one night ... one night! bloody awful!). The place is always clean. Noise depends on other guests, one week was very quiet with slightly older crowd; one week was a little more lively with young guys. But things never got out of hand. Some nights staff/other guests whipped up some awesome meals and included me ... very nice! The shuttles for ski hills stop basically right outside. Several great restaurants of various types and price ranges are very near. Great choice in Hakuba if you want to focus on getting on the mountain and have all the conveniences at your finger tips!  , age 43, American ()
5   Great B&B I stayed at Snowbeds B&B recently and found it to be a great little place. Staff were friendly -- Cindy was most helpful organising lift passes -- and found the cosy, wood-fire heated common area very relaxing after a hard days skiing. It is located right by Echoland -- which is near Hakuba 47 resort -- and is home to some cool bars and great eateries. Would definitely recommend to others.  , age 30, Australian ()
1   If I could give no stars I would This was by far the worst accommodation I've ever stayed in. It wasn't the frat like lifestyle of the guests that bothered me, but rather the fratboy owner Mitch who ruined my vacation. 1)First off, he said we could pay by credit card, and then said cash only when we got there. We were almost out of cash and were relying on our credit card to pay for the hostel so we had spending money. We spent almost all of our cash on the hostel. 2) There was no phone for guests to use in the hostel, and although there was a phone on the reception desk, Mitch told me I had to go down the street a few blocks to use a payphone to book my bus reservation. 3) no towels available, even for rent. 4)Mitch being so drunk he got in a physical fight with a couple guests. 5)Mitch being so drunk he wasn't up in the morning to help with guests. 6)Mitch giving me the wrong directions to the airport, therefore causing me to miss my flight, therefore costing me an extra $1000 USD. There are positively no upsides to staying at this place. It's old, dirty, expensive, and the owner is a d*ck.  , American ()