Grand Canyon International Hostel

Grand Canyon International Hostel is easy to find and close to town bus (about ten minutes' walk). It is a very social hostel with always people there to talk to. Free breakfast (porridge, bread, jam, and fruits). Staff are friendly and helpful. You can book tours through the hostel and they will mind your luggage for a few hours after check-out.

This hostel is within walking distance to the town bus. It is next to the train but not noisy. There is plenty of parking. Also it is within walking distance to restaurants, shops, and the cinema in town. The location is very central.

The rooms (private ensuites are available) and hallways are gorgeously decorated and everywhere in the hostel is clean. The bathrooms are located at the end of the building. Some rooms don't have air conditioning, so it's not so nice in summer.

The computer room is adjacent to the lounge room. The lounge room allows smokers, so it can be filled with cigarette smoke if you are unlucky. There is a BBQ area with tables and chairs on the side and at the top floor balcony. There is a small luggage storage behind reception, which can store your luggage for a few hours after you have checked out.

Summary

Overall, this is a great hostel and very social. It's centrally located, near public transport, shops, restaurants, and the cinema. Staff are friendly.

August 2011

How is Grand Canyon International Hostel rated on other websites?
4   Great stay -- single room just little pricey I just stayed there for one night as I was on a trip through the National Parks. So I arrived late and left early, but during that time everything was fine. The room was clean -- towel was provided, the bathrooms were also clean and just 3 meters from my room, so perfect. Breakfast started at 7am and I left at 8.30am, although check-out is possible till 11am. The dorm room would be cheap, but as I wanted my privacy for that night I chose a single room for $44, which is a little expensive as the bathroom is shared, but I slept great and so it was worth it! And the people there are all very friendly, so I enjoyed my stay!  ()
4   Here for two nights and really liked it. So this hostel is located in what I would suspect is not the nicest area of town. It is super close to the cool downtown part of Flagstaff which is within a few blocks. I was here in July 2008 stopped over on a cross country motorcycle trip. Was nice to get a hot shower (the one on the second floor recommended by staff really is the best shower I have ever had in a hostel). I did have an unfortunate theft of my beloved Nalgene bottle. I was outside repairing my tent pole and left the bottle for a minute to get some scissors, on return it was gone. I do not suspect anyone at the hostel, but instead the wandering rove of homeless kids who were crashing some random place next to the hostel. Anyways I met a fellow teacher and we talked it up, in general had a great time. The staff here is unbelievable friendly. The drive between Sedona up to the Grand Canyon from here is incredible.  , Chicago -USA ()
5   Great place I have stayed in this hostel twice, once in 2005 and once recently. I was happy to see that it hasn't changed a bit. The staff are friendly and helpful, and the accommodations are comfortable and clean. I have nothing negative to say about it and would definitely stay here again.  , USA ()
4   Good. Good place, great staff, friendly people. Their Grand Canyon tour was good but quite expensive. The look on our door was fishy and it took us about half an hour to get into our room. But the staff was really nice about it, even though I had to run and get them every time I wanted to get in.  , Sweden ()
5   Traveler friendly, great accomodations within walking distance of city It's a great hostel with Wi-Fi computers, free breakfast. I have stayed in hundreds of hostels around the world and it is definitely worth a stay in pricey Flagstaff. The management is very helpful and accommodating!  , United States ()
5   Great place! I really enjoyed this hostel. The building and rooms and nice and clean. It feels like home. Their Grand Canyon tours are top notch and definitely worth the money. As others have said it's close to the train tracks and the noise can get bothersome. This is the same anywhere in Flagstaff as it's a small city, so no matter where you stay this will be an issue.  , US of A ()
5   Heartwarming Though we just stayed for one night, this hostel impressed us with its warm ambiance and friendly attitude. The staff was nice, the room was clean, and the breakfast was nutritious (they had fruit!). Besides, I found I lost something after coming back to my country, and I wrote back to this hostel to ask. They kept it! And you can feel that they are sincere to deal with your problem.  , Taiwan ()
4  The location of this place is great, they offer free pickups from the greyhound station too which is good but we tried calling for about forty-five minutes, but no one answered so we had to walk. Flagstaff is a really safe town and the hostel has a nice, homey feel with a nice, free breakfast.  ()