Digby Backpackers Inn

How is Digby Backpackers Inn rated on other websites?
Digby Backpackers Inn Reviews from the Web
5   Outstanding! This wonderful hostel is better than any hostel that I have ever stayed in and can compete with most B&Bs. In reality it is more like a bed & breakfast, but with a warm and cozy atmosphere, where you can get in touch with people if you like. The historic house is beautiful with a deck overlooking the waterfront and a flowering back yard. The hostel and the common areas are spotless with tasteful and newly renovated bathrooms. The friendly owners make people feel home, so that you feel more as a friend of the family than a guest. On some evenings they light a bonfire in the backyard and offer marshmallows to everybody. I ended up staying a much longer time than I had planned. This hostel is my number 1 hostel in the world!  , Germany ()
5   Very nice, home away from home I just stayed in this hostel for one night but it is really really nice. The bathrooms are beautiful (even better than in my own home!), the bunk beds very comfortable with good mattresses. The living room is nice and the kitchen is large. And the hospitality of the owners Saskia and Claude was great. In the morning there is a small do it yourself breakfast with even eggs! Normally this starts at 8 a.m., but as I had to catch the ferry Saskia was so kind to get up earlier as well to offer me the breakfast at 7 a.m.. I really would recommend this place to everyone, it gives you a home away from home feeling.  , Netherlands ()
5   Relaxed, friendly, and warm people and place I was one of the first people to stay at the Digby Backpackers Inn. Saskia and Claude made me feel extremely welcome and they did everything they could to make sure I made the most of my time in this beautifully quaint region of Nova Scotia. If you're going to Digby, stay here! The price is right; the people are great; and the hostel is clean, comfortable, and homey!  , Canada ()
5   Great This is a lovely hostel. You don't find many hostels in such beautiful homes. The hostess was so nice, the kitchen was comfy and welcoming. It's just a couple of blocks (walking distance) from the waterfront, shops, restaurants. I would recommend this hostel to everybody.  , Canada ()
5   Friendly, homey, and comfortable I spent just over two months in Canada and Digby Backpackers' Inn was the loveliest hostel I stayed in during my whole trip. The house was scrupulously clean, the bedrooms spacious and comfortable. Ours even had an en-suite bathroom! Though Digby is quite small, the harbour was beautiful and it was a great stop-off to relax and see wonderful scenery. It is also very close to sites of interest, with a cheap bus that runs to Annapolis Royal. Ended up staying twice the amount of time I booked as the hostel felt so homely and safe. Saskia and Claude are very welcoming (even if you arrive after 11 p.m. as I did!) and extremely helpful and kind. Also very good for communicating with other travelers as there's a comfortable and pretty living room with a TV. You'll have lots of laughs and fun if you stay here!  , United Kingdom ()
5   Spotless and very friendly We stayed in this hostel for two nights in September 2008. The owner of the hostel was very friendly and helpful. The stand-in owner even took us out to a restaurant to have the famous Digby scallops. Absolutely a hostel you shouldn't skip if you are in Nova Scotia!  , The Netherlands ()
5   A jewel of a hostel This newly opened hostel is a little jewel. The first impression was this of a very nice bed and breakfast. The common areas are all very tastefully furnished and have beautiful wooden floors. The bedrooms with four beds each, are simple but pretty with comfortable and sturdy bunk beds. The kitchen is extremely well equipped, everything is sparkling clean. But the best thing about this hostel are the lovely owners Saskia and Claude, super friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable, who made us feel right at home. Being the typical budget travelers (an accountant and ex-lawyer), we usually prefer to spend our money on eating out and outdoor activities rather than on fancy accommodation. Additionally we like to meet other travelers and exchange our experiences. The Digby Backpacker Inn offered us both a very nice, comfortable, and communicative place to stay at a very reasonable rate (especially as we were lucky enough to get their private room). The free wireless was great to catch up with e-mails and reserve the next place to stay. But in the end we just stayed longer in Digby because we liked the hostel so much and the area with Digby Neck and Annapolis Royal has much to offer to see during the day. The best hostel we had been in our one-month journey through the East of Canada.  , German ()